Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #1 
LizzyP

Moving a betta

I'm starting school on Tuesday and will be moving back to my parents house since it is closer to school. Dumbledore is currently living with me about 15-20 minutes away. I know this is not a long ride, but he absolutely hates being cupped and I'm very worried he will get stressed out. How should I go about doing this? I am running out to the store shortly and can pick up some things if needed. Should I move him in a small (about 2 cups) Tupperware container, or go with something larger, like 1 gallon? I do not have his original cup. How should I keep it heated? Or will 20 minutes be okay without a heater? I will be taking all of my supplies with me and I do have Stress Coat, should I do a double dose when I get him home? How long should I acclimate him? I usually do about 5 ml of new water every 5-10 minutes over approx. 1-1.5 hours. Should I not feed him tonight unless he begs for it? I will probably be moving him tomorrow sometime, Monday at the latest. Any other tips would be more than welcome.

Lizzy
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #2 
Shayebri

I suggest a cup, sized from the one he came from to one gal. Put some of his gravel or marbles or whatever you use in it, and give him a treat. If you have any small plants or tank decor that can fit in the cup/tank, put it in. Don't cram the cup, but make him feel at home. Be careful, though, you don't want the cup to jump around when you come to a bump or something, so secure it somehow.
Shayebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #3 
LizzyP

I will be holding it in my lap, my fiance will be driving. I don't think I have any plant small enough but I will try depending on how tall it is. Should I put the lid on all the way? Or leave it cracked so oxygen can get in?
Old 08-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #4 
Shayebri

Okay. With the lid, that depends. I would say maybe leave it cracked, but tape it down somehow so there isn't enough room for him to jump out. Or something like that.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #5 
LizzyP

I can do that. I decided just to use one of the little cups I have, it'll be easier to hold. He isn't going to like this I can just tell.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #6 
Shayebri

Okay.