Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #11 
Twilight Storm

I just wanted to say I took about 108-150 pictures of my betta when I started with a real camera (not a phone) and only 2 came out not blurry.....

It just takes a lot of patience and practice to get pictures of fish. It still takes me at least 30 pictures to get a usable one usually..... mainly because I have a hard time timing that silly delay and the fish move right when you snap the picture. lol I guess i'm a bad photographer but I needed to share. :D
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #12 
apt403

Thanks for the replys, guys.

He actually ate a pellet today! Surprised me quite a bit. It seemed like he took a second to get it down, but down it did stay.

Since my poor photography (admittedly terrible) got so much of reaction, I felt compelled to try again. So I made a compendium. Still pretty poor, but it's at least a tad bit more representative of the fish.

Regards,

-Apt
apt403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #13 
Laki

oooo he's a handsome dalmatian betta! I always wanted one!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #14 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Try New Life Spectrum Betta pellets they are very tiny but they will sink so you will have to watch closely to see if he is eating them and keeping them down. Good luck!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #15 
ao
TFK Moderator

when I take betta photos... my iphone gallery looks like this.... lolol
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #16 
Twilight Storm

LOL aokashi! Yeah thats about how it looks when I say download to my computer to look at what I take. :D

Nice fish apt403! I love the dalmatians. I have a pineapple orange dalmatian veiltail. Mine only has one spot though. I have a couple pictures of him in my albums here. Your guy will probably darken up a little and become more vibrant for you the longer you have him. :D

Glad he's starting to eat for you too. My newest adult I got was making me crazy when he wasn't eating, silly fish. Once I got him started though he's probably my best eater now, and he is one of my "bouncers." At feeding time he sees my fingers and the jar and he comes to the side of his tank and starts to jump up and down against the glass out of the water in anticipation of getting his pellets lol. He was a "thank you" fish from the pet store since I did some stuff for them. :)
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #17 
apt403

@aokashi: Nice fish! The lighting certainly seems to be the issue in taking good pictures, those T5 banks really light up life!

A dalmatian, huh? Yeah, I guess he is! I did notice some spots on his fins that are pretty similar to pictures. They get darker as he eats more (there was a period of time he wouldn't eat bloodworm, either..)

What's the best quality food I could give him? I was under the impression that it was Hikari, but if they've moved their products over to using fillers, well, I don't know. Fish food's cheap, might as well give him the good stuff.

Thanks for the replys, guys. I really appreciate it.
apt403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #18 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

New Life Spectrum Betta Pellets are excellent ! Very pretty fish !!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote