Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #11 
emceesky

@xjenuhfur: Thank you for the info.
@jCo72: Thank you for sharing the link. I guess I better separate them and move them to different tanks of their own.
emceesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #12 
emceesky

@lvandert: Really happy to know there are many people around who really cares for Betta. Feeling luck to have and sure wll try to upgrade the tank ASAP and will post the pics.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #13 
lvandert

lol there is a small army here that all fight for the good of bettas.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #14 
jCo72

They will be much happier and you will be less stressed because of it too! :)
jCo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #15 
BettaQi

I too put my girls together bc people told me "only the males fight"

But I watched them get cranky and put in a divider!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #16 
xjenuhfur

If you'd like to start a proper sorority, invest in a 10gallon and cycle it. (cycling is good for the tank & helps keeps water params stable) && at least keep the 3 gallon heavily planted so that their line of sight is broken. If you can, get 3 separate 1gal tanks & separate them until the 10gal is cycled.
Heavily plant/decorate the 10gallon and leave some hidey holes for the female to hide in. The fishes line of sight should be broken so that a chase/fighting can be minimized for the girl who is trying to get away. :) you'd also need a few more girls. But, that just means more fishes! :D
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #17 
emceesky

@jCo72: Yeah your right I'm too stressed to see my poor betta suffering buddy. I just want it to recover as soon as possible and wanted it to be healthy.

@BettaQI: But my betta's were not so aggressive but still finally managed to put them in separate tanks where they can live with out fighting.

@Xjenuhfur: Thanks for sharing next time will try doing that and will share pics.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #18 
emceesky

Post Save Betta - 3

Yesterday I posted stating my 3 female bettas were injured v.badly while changing tank. After reading lots of blogs and opting few of your guide lines all three were separated where 2 are slowly getting started to recover and 1 is getting worse. She was moving yesterday and today her movements were slow she couldnt swim as her caudal fin, caudal peduncle & Anal fin were damaged.I separated her and put her in a tank and reduced the water level where she can swim a little up with out stressing her self and get some oxygen. Her Gills, Mouth, Eyes, Dorsal fins, Pectoral Fins & Pelvic fins are working properly but she couldn't swim as she swam yesterday. Just wanted her to recover ASAP!
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #19 
lvandert

ok you need aq salt and stress coat asap! also pick up a fungus cure and get that going right away.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #20 
MSG

If she can't swim you better switch her to a much smaller tank. I noticed you posted that @ 3:39pm, your little blue girl looks like she already drowned.

I can't see how she get to the surface to breathe with no tail.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote