Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #21 
xjenuhfur

Omg I wish I had been on sooner! D: You need AQ salt && to lower the water level so its easy for her to get to the top.
It looks like she was eaten! T.T
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #22 
jCo72

I really hope she pulls through. :( Keep us updated so we can continue to try and help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjenuhfur View Post
Omg I wish I had been on sooner! D: You need AQ salt && to lower the water level so its easy for her to get to the top.
It looks like she was eaten! T.T
me too!!
jCo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #23 
emceesky

@lvandert, jCo72 & xjenuhfur: Its too late! She is no more :(
@MSG:I did that and reduced the waterlevel too!
@All: I'm very sad to say 1 female betta passed away early this morning. I'm totally stressed out poor lil gal thinking how much she would have suffered with out the tail. As I said I could find white circles appearing on her body and today morning her skin turned out full white in color :'( Really gota say she was really brave when she was with other betta's. I pray to god let her soul rest in peace. The other two betta's are ok they have started recovering and the both are in separate tanks. They have started swimming and eating slowly just conc on their health condition to recover asap. Planning to get a bigger tank where they can swim freely. Thank you all for sharing your suggestions in saving my betta. Happy to be a part of this community!
Love,
Sky.
Attached Images

emceesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #24 
xjenuhfur

In that picture you are missing half a fish! Is that the girl who died? D:
Old 08-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #25 
jCo72

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjenuhfur View Post
In that picture you are missing half a fish! Is that the girl who died? D:
I think thats a different fish. The fish that was posted yesterday was blue...
jCo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #26 
xjenuhfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCo72 View Post
I think thats a different fish. The fish that was posted yesterday was blue...
Holy, monkeys. Lemme get Sakura.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #27 
Sakura8

Hi emceesky and welcome to the forum. It looks like you've gotten a lot of good advice about housing girls together so I'll just back them up. Although pet stores will tell you differently, the truth is females should be housed in no less than a 10gal with no fewer than 4 girls. Otherwise there is aggression.

It looks like your blue girl may have sustained some internal damage. In addition, it looks like she had some bites or nips that developed saprolegnia, which is a fungus that often occurs at the site of open wounds. This is probably what caused her death.

For your two remaining girls, you definitely want to continue with 1 tsp of aquarium salt per gallon for no more than 14 days at the absolute max (10 days is preferable). If you can, get a product called Kordon Fish Protector OR API Stress Coat. Both of these really help with the healing process. Nipped and torn fins WILL grow back but it's really important you keep the water as clean as possible during this time to limit the chances of infection. Since they're in small containers right now, try to change 100% of the water once a day for a week.

Once you get a suitable tank, I highly recommend you come back to the forum and post a thread about starting a sorority. That way, a lot of people will be able to walk you through the process of putting your females together.

Also, try to keep the water warm, around 78-80 F. They will heal faster and better in water that is more to their natural habitat.

Good luck!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #28 
Pogthefish

ok, I'm doubting the authenticity of that photo, really. A betta fish can;t survive that! It looks edited to me, this person HAS to be trolling?

@OP sorry if ur not, but really. that is crazy!
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #29 
MSG

I'm just wondering how they know how to edit comments into the picture, but don't know how to take a good focused picture?

Those were some of the most horrifying pictures I've ever seen. The blue one that's missing half it's body looks like mine.

I'm also wondering what is your definition of aggressive?
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #30 
Sakura8

Guys, guys, it's okay! That fish is just turning around so her tail is out of the pic. :D
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote