Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #1 
JBosley

Strong filter intake?...

Hey!
I bought this filter:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...9991&lmdn=Size

For my 3 gallon tank, and I ADORE it It is ridiculously quiet, and I'm actually thinking about ditching my sponge filter and getting another one of these

Problem, I feel like when I, briefly, had my VT (Maize) in there, that the filter was almost sucking him up to it Is there any way to stop this?

Plus, would a shorter finned Betta, such as a CT, do better with the filter intake being a tad strong?
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #2 
Atena

I have TOM filter set at the lowest setting. It is very quiet as well.

I have heard that the fish can get easilly sucked into the intake, you may need to baffle it with some additonal foam wrapped on the outside and then put the entire thing into a mesh (you can use a stalking for that) to make sure he does not get caught up in there.

My VT hates any kind of current so I had to baffle the outflow with additional foam as well. I have the flow down to a slow trickle and he is happy with that.
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #3 
JBosley

Thanks for the advice! I will try a sponge/foam and maybe the panty hose if I can find any haha

Going to get a new Betta to put in the tank soon My VT doesn't eat unless the pellets are on the bottom of the tank.... so he got down-graded to a 1-2 gallon, bare bottom, critter keeper Silly guy!
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote