Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #1 
Knitterly

photo request-- show me the girls!

Sadly, we're in the market for another female for the sorority. I'm feeling unimpressed by what I've seen recently. Show me the pretty girls! Yours, someone else's, in an auction.... I just want to feel inspired!
Knitterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #2 
MSG

Did you end up losing Alice to a fight? So you're down to 5 now?

FYI, 5 seems to be the magic number for me.

The little girls are sort of getting along right now.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #3 
MadameDesu

I can't post pictures from my iPhone, but feel free to look at my aquarium and profile picture.
My girl is special, as I thought she was a plain old veiltail. As it turns out, she is a a long-finned spade tail! Her fins were so long, a lot of people swore she was a boy, but nope! She is female.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #4 
pinkcupid765

None of them are mine, but they're all gorgeous!
pinkcupid765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #5 
MadameDesu

That orange one is gorgeous! :D
Old 08-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #6 
shellieca
Reference Team

I have 4 females & for me it's more about personality, which is hard to tell when their in the too little cups, but I think my girls are pretty . . .

Here are my girls, Pearl, Rosie, Violet & Ruby. Pearl, the "white" one, is currently in QT as I just got her 3 days ago, once she's bigger & I'm sure she's healthy she'll go into the community tank.
Attached Images

shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #7 
MadameDesu

:D

You have a Rosie too! And ours actually look similar. Yours is a little more red, though. Mine has a blue sheen to her scales as well.
I named mine for Rosie the Riveter :P
Old 08-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #8 
Knitterly

It was one of those unexplainable things. Alice was fine at breakfast (9:30). I even took pics of her bec I thought she was looking good. then an hour later, I went to cook my husband his breakfast, and looked over at my tank and she was at the bottom, being eaten.

There was no fighting in the tank, no agression at all, really, for weeks. Alice was our Omega, and always backed down to the others. I checked my water parameters, since Sunday is my water change day. The tank is fully cycled and I've been doing 10-30% weekly water changes on it, but even the nitrates were within normal "safe" parameters. they were high, within that norm, but still "safe" and since it was my day for a water change, I didn't think much of it.

I have no clue. no one is sick. no new fishies added. no change with my heater or water. ???

We're really unhappy bec she was the family favorite. The most intersting to look at of our female fish. My 3 year old named her... the first time she tried to name something other than "Candy Cane." Ugh. My 5 year old was still sobbing last night at 9pm. Poor kid.

thanks for the pics. I'm loving them!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #9 
Knitterly

and yes, we're down to 5 in the tank. I dont' necessarily want to rush out and get another female, since things are working well, but my husband is trying to point out the happier side of things to the kids, so we're talking about it. They like to go fish window shopping. LOL. 6 was also working well for us. I wouldn't be able to pick another submissive, though. That might be hard. I dont' want another 3 weeks of everyone fighting each other.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #10 
Bettanewbie60

This is my only girl..."Bella", I love her so much! She is very spunky!
Name:  001 (2) (600x450).jpg
Views: 108
Size:  20.6 KB
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote