Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #11 
MSG

Shade... I'm wondering how you keep those plants so green with such a limited amount of light. Do you use fertilizers? If so what kind?
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #12 
ANHEL123

Sorry for you little guy i hope you will rescue another one :(
I also have 3 bettas at work. I have two jobs. And one of the office closed 3 days a week. I also give them extra on friday and they are fine . One betta is about 2.8 years now. I think it better then have feeders and if it malfunctioned and if you will have too much food in the tank, that will contaminate the water.

If you buy natural plants quarantine it though because they carry disease and i would do the same with betta. Make sure new betta is healthy first before you put him in the tank.Sometimes or even a lot of times you can bring sick betta from the store and end up disinfection the tank and everything in the tank.

Also some filters are too strong and bother bettas with too much water movement can that be the reason he jumped.

And always leave space between the top of the tank and water level well you already learned it hard way :(

Good luck give us update on your new betta.

Last edited by ANHEL123; 08-09-2012 at 09:20 AM.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #13 
Shadyr

MSG - I think the LED light hood that came with the tank must be a good spectrum of light for them. It's a nice clean almost blue light when turned on. I have the hood on a timer so that even when I'm not in the office on weekends, it turns the light on from 8 AM to 6 PM. I put a little API Leaf Zone for them in one of my water changes about once every two weeks. I also have what are classified as "easy" plants. Small Amazon sword, a temple plant, a mossball, a banana plant, and the java fern.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic feeder, marineland, office, work