Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #11 
kristyloveskoalas

thanks for replying!! it means a lot! I'm glad there is still hope for this betta, and I'm doing what u suggested.
kristyloveskoalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #12 
sunlight

we will wait for update, i hope he will pull through.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #13 
kristyloveskoalas

mimi is looking a lot better! what i did was add aq. salt, gave him a mini heater for his bowl and changed his food to bloodworms (which he ate happily). his color is not 100% back to normal, but it is a lot better and he's much perkier! thx so much, u guys probably saved mimi's life.
kristyloveskoalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #14 
Myates

If those are freeze dried bloodworms I would suggest only feeding those sparingly, as they tend to be empty calories. You can try frozen bloodworms, but those too can lose nutrients in the freezing process. Best stick with pellets and force him onto those to get a better, all around diet.

Just keep up with the daily 100% water changes while on the salt, no more then 10 days.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #15 
MyRainbowBettaFish

so glad Mimi is better! He sounds happy now :)

Just remember, like Myates said, Bloodworms are like chocolate to betta fish, and should be only fed them once a week as treats :)
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #16 
sunlight

Make sure you finish whole course of the salt treatment with is 10 days.

I also had this problem with new betta. He refused to eat and then when i gave him blood worms he didn't want to eat anything else. It took me 4 weeks to make him eat pellets. I was just offering him food as many times i could. He was on my work table so it was easier for me. So just keep trying...
And remember remove uneaten food because it contaminate the water. But since you will continue to do 100% changes with salt it will be easier for you.

Just keep offering...My last one was difficult, i thought he will never eat pellets he refused to flakes and pellets and ate only dried freeze dried bw which is not enough. So i was offering flakes and pellets. He started with flakes and finally ate pellets.

So eventually he should pellets but you need to be patient ....
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, discolored, lathargic, laying on side, not eating