Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #1 
Shadyr

White worms, the next generation?

I had some little white worms in Chicory's tank, they were creepy and tiny and I eventually nuked the tank with Coppersafe and viola, no worms. Until today (about 3 weeks later) I was being extra ambitious and did the baster in the gravel, and when I examined the cup of gravel water, I saw several wiggly white worms. I let the coppersafe kinda clear out without being replaced as I have been doing water changes....would this just be the next generation of baddies?

After the water change, I was morosely watching one that had apparently been disturbed up into the water column wiggle. And Chicory saw it too. He ate it O.o Revenge for the one that got stuck on him last month? Is it going to be bad for him?

Bringing the coppersafe back in tomorrow, at any rate. I think I'll treat all the tanks, and maybe have to put the snails in a kritter keeper for a few weeks. Anyone know if it's problematic to put a few nerite and apple snails in together for a while?

Stupid worms.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #2 
LittleBettaFish

People on this forum make a lot of threads about white worms and the continued killing of said white worms haha.

In most cases they are completely harmless, and usually something like detrirtus worms. I wouldn't bother trying to get rid of them as I have found them in all my tanks with any organic matter present. I tried getting rid of mine when I first got into fish and they would just keep coming back no matter what I did so I just gave up.

My bettas enjoy picking at the worms in their tanks and I figure it provides them with some mental stimulation.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #3 
Pilot00

Hadnt had the problem, but heres a guess: Wont bottom feeders find them to be a morsel?
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #4 
Shadyr

I have small unfiltered tanks, anything bigger than a snail is probably not gonna work, unfortunately.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote