Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #11 
castielthebetta

That sounds easy enough... Do I have to remove my betta from the tank prior to the water change??

& thank you, everyone. I was very upset about the little guy. So much that I couldn't even flush him ): my 11 year old brother had to do it for me.
castielthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #12 
LebronTheBetta

No, you don't.
Why did your brother flush him?!?!! >:( You're treating it like crap if you made him flush it!! You could've buried it! I'm a 11 year old too. I didn't flush my st Betta when it died of Ich.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #13 
castielthebetta

I flushed him because I live basically in the woods & he would have been dug up by the neighborhood cats & other animals... Believe me, it's happened before in my back yard... So I flushed him to save the misery of him being eaten by the animals out back.

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to changing the water? Sorry, but you're only 11 and I need a professionals advice on changing water!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #14 
LebronTheBetta

I AM a professional!! Well, not to be conceited but I have experience. Mo is 12 years old. He breeds Bettas. I am a responsible owner and people thought I was an adult when they didn't know I was young. It doesn't matter of the age, trust me. I know what I'm doing.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #15 
LebronTheBetta

BTW, water changes aren't even that hard.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #16 
lvandert

Quote:
Originally Posted by castielthebetta View Post
Does anyone else have any suggestions as to changing the water? Sorry, but you're only 11 and I need a professionals advice on changing water!
Lebron knows what their talking about. Their trying to help you and your shooting them down and calling them not experience enough :/ Thats kinda harsh.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #17 
lvandert

I hope this helps. Water changes are not that hard, it just takes time. If you don't have time to do water changes then I hate to say it but you don't have time for fish
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #18 
castielthebetta

Okay, kiddies. Sorry I said he isn't experienced enough, but let's be honest, he's only 11. (or she?) I am simply saying that if someone else has another opinion, I'd like to hear it. Also, I never said I didn't have time to do them. I just want to know the most efficient way to do them. & you want to talk about harsh? How about two kids ganging up on someone who's only trying to do something right & help a betta fish live a long, happy life? That seems harsh. I never owned fish as a young kid, now that I am interested I'm trying to get the most professional help I can. With that being said, thank you for your input & I will consider doing water changes that way.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #19 
castielthebetta

Also, harsh is some kid saying that I'm an awful person for flushing my fish. Sorry, I don't want my fish eaten by the neighborhood animals that roam around.. Anyways, thanks, again for your input.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #20 
lvandert

I'm not a kid. I'm 22. I was trying to give you advice, you seemed to have ignored it. Someone else gave you advice and you didn't like it because they were 11. We're trying to help you save your fish and your putting us down. How do you expect us to react? If we just wanted to put you down we wouldn't have tried to help you first. If you want professional help (From someone that is older than "kids" pm OldFishLady)

Edit: a lot of people find flushing fish is horrible, all for different reasons. Some feel their fish deserved better than a flush and others are appalled by the fact your flushing a dead animal into the sewers and water systems.

Last edited by lvandert; 08-07-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Tags
#betta, #emergency, #help, #sick