Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 AM   #11 
Junglist

You have a nice sorority, I'm still in search for a blue marble female similar to them to match my Blue Marble HMPK for my next batch next year, sooner if found..

Junglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:40 AM   #12 
LittleBettaFish

My two marbles and the koi female in the first picture are from TMTbettas of AB. They usually have a few nice blue marble girls up for sale. Also Profish farm is another one that sells a lot of marble HMPK females.

He is a nice looking male. I am thinking of crossing the nicest of my wedgewood girls onto this fancy HMPK male.

I had one with nicer form who was the easiest spawner in the world but he ate his eggs the last three times so he is now retired to a life of blackworms and luxury.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #13 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Those are amazing looking fish!

You made ma laugh with the Wedgwood reference. My cousin has rooms full of the blue and white Jasperware. She's been collecting it for decades and was president of the society in DC for a few years.

I'll have to send her a pic. of your girls :)
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #14 
Aus

Junglist - that male is really something!

LBF, lovely sorority! They're like a work of art, all together. And those 'Wedgewood' females (I so love that you call them that) are extremely pretty. I dare not show Daughter, as she'll be leaping up and down wanting one of their female offspring, LOL (she's wanting a female now, a green one.. but I dare say an LBF 'wedgewood' would do, haha). No more fish! (I tell myself this, I really do).
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #15 
LittleBettaFish

Just posting in all my picture threads I see Aus haha.

Now I've actually flared Clownie I think he has better form overall than my other male. His caudal is not as rounded as I thought and his dorsal is actually quite wide. So I am going to condition him and the nicest Wedgewood sister up next week and see if I can get something out of them. Even one fry would be nice at this point in time.

That guy from AusAqua who I was telling you about, has got some new dragon HM pairs in. You should go over there and ask him if he has any green coloured ones (he also gets in all sorts of tail types). I have a few of his fish and while not show quality they are better than what you can usually pick up at the LFS. Also he is really friendly and great to deal with.

My mum has wedgewood so that is where the name for these two came from.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #16 
ZainDracu

Amazing! Love the colours. Wowza!
ZainDracu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #17 
Aus

I'm not really stalking your picture threads...

And thanks for that, i wrote down those suggestions you made.. but no more fish! I have to put my foot down at some point! (like I did at two.. then three.. ). Sigh.

Ahaha, 'Clownie' - cute name! He looks very 'macho'. Good luck with the spawn!
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #18 
Junglist

@LBF-I'll still look around till something hooks my eyes not in a rush or anything and if nothing comes up then i'll just have to match him up with a Platinum White female.

@Aus-Thanks Aus

Here is my goal:

Not my fish credits to the owner & photographer
Junglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:26 AM   #19 
LittleBettaFish

I used to want to create a line of blue and white marble HMPKs but it is so hard to find nice clean males/females with no red present. All my blue and white marble females have developed red as they got older. Even one of my Wedgewood females has a small bit on her ventral.

Then when you find a fish with the exact colouring you want, its form is usually just horrendous haha

I am hoping to create some females that look like my little fancy HMPK males. I am sitting on my hands as a seller I really really like on AB has posted up the most gorgeous yellow marble female and I can't afford to spend any more money on bettas *cries*
Old 08-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #20 
Pilot00

Those are gorgeous!
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote