Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #1 
LittleWatty

What Color Pattern is This?

I saw this guy at Petco today while I was driving through. I've never seen a VT like him, at least not in my LPS's. I almost took him home that instant, except I wasn't going to be going home >.< So, I would have to buy another heater, more food, a tank, AQ salt, and everything else just for the night XD But, I might pick him up tomorrow if he's still there. Anyway. I really want to know what color pattern he is. I almost want to say butterfly (which I REALLY hope he is! I'd buy him for sure if he was) but I'm not sure.
Attached Images

LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #2 
CandiceMM

He is very pretty!!! I would have wanted him too!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #3 
Myates

He's a bi-color for color pattern, but he could actually be classified as a Butterfly possibly (A bi-colored form in which the colour pattern of the body (which may be of any colour) partially blends into the transparent or white fins and tail (body / blend / fin edges). The effect is to create an oval band around the fish, which ideally is separated from the body by a narrow, white or transparent zone.
Choice Butterfies have a coloured body with a white blend into the fins and then a final blend back to the body colour towards the edge of the fins. Fins should display a distinct banded pattern, with strong contrast and well defined edges. The bands should also encircle the body of the fish with a well defined oval shape.)
Or a type of butterfly- Variegated types show beautiful patterning that may or may not match the "butterfly" look. Which is what he actually looks like more then the standard butterfly..
.. and he is very cute! I want him :P

Last edited by Myates; 08-08-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #4 
DragonFish

o.o Thank goodness I don't have a car....else I'd be tempted to drive up to Wisconsin just to hunt him down!! Hes one of my FAVORITE colors, and just the type of red I've been looking for in a betta for months! <3
Lol. I agree with Myates.....but whatever his specific color classification, hes gorgeous <3
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #5 
LittleWatty

Right, well, I might have to cave and get him XD If I do, I'll have gone from one betta to five, with several shrimp and a pleco, in a matter of two months XD

@ DragonFish: I might just save him for you if you ever come up through the Plover/Stevens Point area!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #6 
DragonFish

Lol! Its very possible that I might one day.....though if I had a car I'd probably go kidnap my best friend for a road-trip up there this weekend! Haha.

Ahh, its funny how quickly ones fishy family grows once the hobbyist bug has bitten isn't it? xD Lol, especially with bettas....is practically an addiction! over the past month or so since moving into a new house, I've gone from three, down to two, and then up to six as of Saturday xD
Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #7 
LittleWatty

Indeed XD First I was addicted to orchids - I saved two of my mother's very sick ones, bought my own, and then rescued two from Kmart. Then... I got bit by the betta bug. I've bought a total of six so far, but one rescue and one regular purchase didn't last very long. I only live in a 150 sqft apartment, so having 4 betta roommates gets a little cramped! XD
Old 08-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #8 
DragonFish

Haha, oh yes.....when the bug bites, it bites hard. xD Bettas just have the cutest little faces, the most expressive little eyes....and the biggest personalities for such little things! Plus all the unique and lovely variety of tail types and colors.....you can never have just ONE betta for long, lol.
And trust me, the bug never goes away.....it bit me about three years ago, and I've been obsessed ever since. xD Before our big cross-country move, I had about 8 tanks, maybe a couple more including the Kritter keepers, about 15-20 bettas, and even did a little breeding......all in my bedroom, lol. xD Divided tanks; they're definitely a betta keepers best friend, especially in a limited space.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #9 
LittleWatty

Oh boy... I would divide my tanks - except I can't find any good dividers! Might just have to make my own. That, and I feel sorry for them being in anything smaller than 5 gallons... I've got 2 plakats in 3 gallons, and I wish I had room for something bigger! With this guy most likely being added to the mix (if he's still there in an hour or two), I don't know where I'm going to put them all XD
Old 08-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #10 
DragonFish

Oh, I always make my own dividers....they're cheaper, I like the way they look better, and I find doubling up on the mesh keeps them pretty straight and stable xD I really like my divided tanks personally.
Haha, oh, I know what you mean though.....I was pretty tight on space in my old house; I had tanks EVERYWHERE. Dresser, desk, nightstand, dragged an old TV stand into my room....and surface that could have a tank on it had a tank or two on it. xD I think I even had one UNDER my desk once for a bit....