Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #11 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWatty View Post
Indeed XD First I was addicted to orchids - I saved two of my mother's very sick ones, bought my own, and then rescued two from Kmart. Then... I got bit by the betta bug. I've bought a total of six so far, but one rescue and one regular purchase didn't last very long. I only live in a 150 sqft apartment, so having 4 betta roommates gets a little cramped! XD
Did you ever get your orchids to re-flower?
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #12 
LittleWatty

lol Yeah, my trouble is the lack of outlets. I have three of the 3-prong outlets in my tiny apartment. One is in the bathroom, another is full (fridge, CO detector), and the other is in my kitchen, and is... um... full lol I even have a power cable on one of them, and that's full too. I had to use a 2-prong to 3-prong converter on one of my outlets, just so I could get an extension to have enough plugs for a tank XD I've got maybe one other spot I can put a tank, and right now, that's pushing it lol

On another note, the VT in this thread is officially mine :D

xShainax: I got one of them to reflower (not one of the sick ones). The others are in too bad of shape still to be able to reflower. I've had them less than a year so far, but I've gotten them to start regrowing their root systems, and putting out new leaves. I might make an album to put them in.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #13 
DragonFish

Oh yes....I think I have about five five-six outlet power strips at least still that are just my own, three of them I'm still using for my current five tanks lol xD Goodness knows how many I had around my room with all of my tanks back then....

Oooooo, you must post more pictures of him!!
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #14 
LittleWatty

Will do! Trying to cool down the apartment and unpack groceries at the moment (returned to find it was almost 90F inside - eek!). I've got him in a little 1.75 gallon critter keeper that is my main hospital tank, floating. Once he's in there for good, I'll definitely be posting. He looks like he might have some issues to overcome before he's healthy, though. Maybe some fungus, and maybe some fin rot (I found 4 or 5 different fish with fungal issues in their betta stock today. Some dead, others alive but looking like they're covered in cotton)
Old 08-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #15 
MrVampire181

He's a red butterfly/potential marble.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #16 
LittleWatty

Well, I've got a thread going in the Diseases and Emergency section as a general health checkup for this guy, so if you want more pictures, you can go there :D I'll probably be posting more here later, though.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #17 
xShainax

I need to get a power strip lol
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #18 
LittleWatty

I need to get MORE power strips XD Only problem is, old houses and lots of things sucking electricity don't mix
Old 08-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #19 
DragonFish

Ugh, darn summer weather.....I'm still getting used to it myself. I moved here from Washington state, quite a big climate change. xD Thankfully our new house has pretty good air-conditioning and my room stays relatively cool....but its still quite an adjustment when I go outside and its like 90 and humid, lol.
I popped over to your other thread to take a look at the pictures....because I really am such a fish-picture addict xD Lol, it must be my inner photographer....and to me he looks okay. The white looks like part of his coloring from what I can see from the pictures, they don't look fuzzy or anything, and I've brought home several boys who have weirdly shaped/asymmetrical/curled ventrals before....its just kinda how they are sometimes, lol.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #20 
LittleWatty

Well, good to know! :D I've had seemingly healthy boys die within a few days of purchase, so I want to make sure that he's got nothing going against him. He even took a couple pellets when I got him home, which I always take as a good sign.