Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #1 
Freyja
Banned

Fungal infection

My girl seems to have fuzzy patches on her head and fuzzy hairs on her fins. There is discoloration where the fin fuzzies are. Im pretty sure its a fungal infection although she is not lethargic and is eating well. My questions is: should I treat with aq salt or go ahead and treat with meds. I was going to switch her to a kritter keeper due to suicidal tendencies (dont' ask) and put Voldsom in the 2.5g mini bow. I'm still switching her today but what do I do with the tank. Should I treat it fishless with meds or empty it out and wash all with hot water? What about my plants? Poor Voldsom was looking forward to his spacier digs.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #2 
shellieca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
My girl seems to have fuzzy patches on her head and fuzzy hairs on her fins. There is discoloration where the fin fuzzies are. Im pretty sure its a fungal infection although she is not lethargic and is eating well. My questions is: should I treat with aq salt or go ahead and treat with meds. I was going to switch her to a kritter keeper due to suicidal tendencies (dont' ask) and put Voldsom in the 2.5g mini bow. I'm still switching her today but what do I do with the tank. Should I treat it fishless with meds or empty it out and wash all with hot water? What about my plants? Poor Voldsom was looking forward to his spacier digs.
Personally I would leave her where she is & do LOTS OF WATER CHANGES to keep her pristine water & vacuuming/rinsing the substrate if possible. You say she's in a 2.5g tank currently? IMO putting an already sick fish into a kritter keeper which is much smaller than the 2.5g if I'm not mistaken is most likely going to make the problem worse. I tend to stay away from meds if at all possible. I'm sure others will respond with other advice.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote