Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #1 
Jbert3D

Fin Rot or Colour Change?

Hi there,

I got a new super delta betta fish. He's pretty cool, white body and blue tail (used to be white with blue splotches, but now mostly blue).

I've noticed red tips on his caudal fin, which I believe is fin rot. It doesnt loot at all frayed either. I also noticed that his left pectoral fin was turning black, or is black, apart from the transparent parts - his right is blue. Pelvic fins also have black staining - not on tips.
I put him in a new fluval tank with fresh water that has been treated and being filtered. No heater at the moment.

With no fraying or holes, and a very gradual change, I wasn't sure what it is. I can try to get some pictures, but he wont keep still. Rather jumpy fellow. I'll post them below when I can get a good one in.

Thanks,

Josh
Jbert3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #2 
Nasha66

can you post pictures?
Nasha66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #3 
Jbert3D

RE: Fin Rot or Colour Change?

Sorry, been a long day. Family visits and what not.
Difficult getting a good picture in, but I tried my best! :P I noticed that the red is only on one side of the fin, which means what?

You cant see everything very well in the pictures, but you can noticed his left fin is black color, while the right is blue. The caudal has some redness, and the pelvic fins I dont think you can see the black staining, but I also noticed there was some green coming up on it.

Thanks

EDIT: used image shack because the pictures I attached to my reply didn't show up

Last edited by Jbert3D; 08-07-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Jbert3D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, fin, red, rot