Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #11 
lvandert

they work great as a treat, just not the best for a steady juvi food lol.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #12 
LebronTheBetta

Yeah, that's what I meant. It should always be a treat.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #13 
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
freeze dried bloodworms are nothing more than the casing of the original worm with very little nutrition to them. I haven't heard bad things on freeze dried shrimp and other freeze dried things just those. Their like mcdonalds french fries, not the meal, just the fries.
Actually the freeze dried process removes very little nutrition and they still keep the nutrition. They are nutritional. I use these for conditioning
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #14 
lvandert

Mo I don't mean to argue you but I will never recommend these as anything other than a treat. It's great it works for you but I still will not recommend it to people.
not as a normal food, not as conditioning food, and not as a staple part of their diet. If you feel I am wrong and you feel the need to prove it ask around, I'm not the only one that feels this way.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #15 
Mo

I'm sorry but I'm sticking by my Expereince, research and what the TOP breeders have told me. They feed freeze dried foods. It's great unless you don't re-hydrate it. Actually Karen Mac Auley, the GRAND CHAMPION of the IBC feeds Freeze Dried Tubifex worms. It is not considered a "staple" diet nor are the foods used for conditioning. Live foods available to the regular hobbyist usually aren't a good mix of staple foods as they are high in protein, yet lack other important properties of there diets. Blood worms, mosquito larvae, Brine Shrimp, etc. aren't considered a staple diet and I never said Freeze dried foods are. They are good for conditioning as they are high in protein and fatten the fish up. I feed my imports this food the day they arrive for about 5 days or so then switch them onto a homemade mix for my Betta Splendens

Last edited by Mo; 08-11-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #16 
Mo

Difference between Frozen Bloodworms & Freeze Dried Ones

Freeze Dried BloodWorms

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude protein (min.) 51%, crude fat (min.) 3%, crude fiber (max.) 5.5%, ash (max.) 15%, moisture (max.) 7%.

Frozen BloodWorms

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 4.0%, Crude Fat (min) 0.4%, Crude Fiber (max) 0.7%, Moisture (max) 95.0%
Old 08-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #17 
lvandert

Mo, I'm not going to be swayed. I refuse to say they are an ok normal diet. Maybe the ones you get are better but in general just. I don't want to argue. This is my opinion and I'm ticking to it
Old 08-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #18 
Mo

Ok. Did you see the evidence proving how close they are in nutrition. These are the ones from Petco. See how close they are? Would you feed frozen bloodworms
Old 08-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #19 
lvandert

Mo, I"M NOT GOING TO ARGUE. ITS MY OPINION.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #20 
Mo

Ok. No offense but I'm *trying not to be offensive or rude. Yet you are "yelling" I just wanted to point out a few things. I am not trying to correct your method and never said you should feed freeze dried foods. I am pointing out those things so newbies or people not very knowledgable about this subject know where to go in the right direction and aren't listening to misinformation. Freeze drieing foods only removes the moisture and very little nutrition they are a more convientent yet very similar way of feeding opposed to live or frozen foods. I rest my case and will no longer yet you "yell" at me or provide any misinformation for anybody not knowledgable in this subject. I'm only 12 so I will not pick any fight with you

Tags
betta, fish, small