Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #1 
Sprinkles55

Question Where did you buy your plants?

Just curious . Any online sellers you like? Any tips to buying? It could help out newbies like myself :D
Sprinkles55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:54 AM   #2 
kfryman

If you buy off Aquabid make sure to read reviews of the person, some are really bad. Also make sure other people have been satisfied with their purchase, some reviews can be people that were paid, so a more personal review like on this forum is a good place.

Also, check if you have any local aquarium clubs, they trade plants a lot as well as sell them. Also you meet more people.

Sakura got plants had too much from free plants given too her and I was lucky and received the extras. They survived one week of shipping, a small break, then shipped again and they were still in healthy condition. I will ask her where she got them.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:54 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Several members here sometimes have cuttings of plants that they are willing to sell or give away.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:16 AM   #4 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I use Mikeswetpets on e-bay. I'm always happy with the quality and prices. He discounts shipping for multiples too.

However, the last plants I bought were from forum member Knuggs. He sent some really nice stuff too.

Good luck.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #5 
Sprinkles55

Thanks everyone!

Sadly my LPS don't sell the best of plants, so I've been looking for online sources since.
Sprinkles55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #6 
laoshun

aquatic magic on ebay i bought 5 rhisomes of anubias nana for like 10 bucks (pretty cheap) but some leaves were yellow when i got them but they are all doing fine.
laoshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #7 
ao
TFK Moderator

i want to buy from them again, but they ship illegally... and you cannn potentially get fined. plus the weather isn't optimum right now D: I got my last nana from them fine, I think it was because it was shipped in winter, IDK.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #8 
Hopeseeker

I'm going to be getting plants for my 15 gallon sorority possibly from here:http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscentral.com/
I also know that if you use the coupon code BETTAFISH (all caps), it is 10% off.
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #9 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeseeker View Post
I'm going to be getting plants for my 15 gallon sorority possibly from here:http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscentral.com/
I also know that if you use the coupon code BETTAFISH (all caps), it is 10% off.
That's the site Sakura ordered from, gorgeous plants and doesn't skimo out on plants. One bunch of rotala easily had like 10 stems, though Sakura could have added more, I don't know, but they do give you some free plants.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #10 
battered

The best quantity/quality/prices you're going to get is usually on classifieds sections of forums.

Last edited by redchigh; 08-08-2012 at 04:14 PM.
battered is offline   Reply With Quote