Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #1 
vivien

new betta

so my captain naerosa is beautiful i just got him today and he just seems to lie at the bottom not doing much, he ate a little when i fed him,and he goes up for air.
earlier he got stuck atop the filter,, i think he was stuck, and his mouth was out of the water.

will he get used to the tank.
im worried that because my boyfriend did it he may have done it wrong, he just sat the bag in the tank for 20 mins then poured him into the tank.. instead of mixing the water.. :/

will he recover?
vivien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #2 
Laki

The filter.. Where the water pours out, you'll need to baffle it so it's not so strong. And the input hose, you'll have to put something there too so he doesn't get sucked onto it.
He shouldn't be laying around. What's the temperature? What tail type is he? How strong is the current in the water?? I know heavy tail types like Halfmoon cannot swim very well especially in a tank with a strong filter output.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #3 
vivien

his filter has a sponde where it sucks in and i dont think he could get sucked in. the temp is 26deg C, im not too sure what tail type it is, but its not halfmoon or crown, yet his tail is still long, the currents isnt strong at all, it barley moves the plant in there
Old 08-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #4 
vivien

i think he might just like the slight suction he can get at the filter not enough to hurt him but enough to feel. he sits there, then goes to the top for a swim and ends up back there..? haha strange
Old 08-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #5 
Laki

Hmm, the water is warm enough and the water sounds still enough. Has he eaten since you brought him home? And if so, how much and what kind of food?
Old 08-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #6 
vivien

yeah he ate 3 of 5 of the special betta pellets.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #7 
Laki

WHat brand are they??
Also look for his poop and tell us what color it is. Betta poop sinks and should be an orangish-brownish-reddish color.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #8 
vivien

im not sure it was in a stupid packet that you were supposed to pour it out, so i binned it and put the food in a tub. there is not poop, this morning i found him in a corner with his mouth out of the water, when i fed him he swam around but didnt eat, but when he swam it was stange,, it was with his tail facing the ground and moving backwards
Old 08-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #9 
Laki

Hmm.. Mouth all the way out of the water?
Old 08-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #10 
vivien

well right now its just resting under the surface but earkier it was quite a bit out. im going to but a new filter i think that maybe bacause this one was used in a differnt tank before it might not be great