Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #21 
dramaqueen
Banned

Rosy delta, are your babies together or in separate containers?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #22 
rosy delta

oh all separate right now. I am trying to get a divided tank set up (soon as i figure out where i can put it) and will put them together then - as long as everyone is healthy. it will be much easier to take care of one tank rather than all those water changes!!!
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #23 
rosy delta

Also, they are probably double the size they were when i got them. It's hard because you really dont know how old they are, but they are growing, slowly.... they are all active little guys who love to eat and are professional beggars. it's hard to say no!
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:14 AM   #24 
Legendary

any pics?
Legendary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:12 AM   #25 
bettababe89

my petco baby betta....wonder how old he/she is

I didn't want to feed this tiny girl( i assume) pellets or flakes so i made a mash of brine shrimp two blood worms a few egg yoke flakes and a tinsy smidge of boiled pea which i diluted with water and froze. now i scrape a tiny bit and mix with water in a clean Gatorade cap and deposit with a ( clean) needless syringe.
she has a hint of blue in the light but mostly colorless. she is in a holding bowl (almost one gallon) with a plant until I know she is going to make it.

how old do you think he/she is? the sad little Tupperware ( at least it as clean)
was not specific to age.
Attached Images

bettababe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:46 AM   #26 
teeneythebetta

She's cute!
Defenitely don't feed her pea! That is bad for them.
I would stick to only feeding baby brine shrimp or frozen daphnia. You could also mash up pellets, preferably a High quality brand, like new life spectrum or new life spectrum growth formula.

Go here, there's a link to a growth chart to determine age as well: http://bettacarecentral.weebly.com/baby-betta-care.html

Make sure her water is at least 80* F

Last edited by teeneythebetta; 09-19-2012 at 04:49 AM.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #27 
magnum

Ace was also tiny. In fact, I'm not sure how old he was to begin with, but he always remained small, no matter what. He was a very feisty guy though, booming with personality.
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #28 
ktlelia

Lychee Berry was a baby betta I got from petco over the summer. He was around 3-4 months when I got him, and is now around 5-6 months. (guess his age with the power of the internet, haha.) He just made his first bubble nest this week, yaaaay! He's still sorta a small guy, though he's changed a lot.
The only thing I've notice on him that worried me a lot was that his dorsal fin was messed up hardcore. It's rays were bent and sticking off to the side. He's 100% fine though and has been healthy little man.

This pic was his baby pic- first day home:

**his tank's rocks are big

Here's him now:

and flaring:
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #29 
tpocicat

You two are doing great with your baby bettas.
The ones I've seen at my local Petco are about 3 months old I guess. The last time I was there, there were only 3. One was dead, and the other two didn't look very good.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #30 
Katrina S

Smile Baby babies

I had a 'baby betta' that was real tiny when I got him. I had to try A LOT of different foods before I could get him to eat at first. He never really grew and stayed real little. He was in a 3 gallon tank eventually so you would have thought he would have grown but he didn't. He lived 5 years though so no compliants. I had gotten him originally because he was in a tank with a huge guy in Maine and was totally about to die. I asked if I could have them because they had planned to flush him after I pointed him out as being in there by accident. They gave him to me for free with the agreement that when he died, I couldn't come back to exchange him. After 5 years with Peanut I wasn't about to try to bring him back anyway
Katrina S is offline   Reply With Quote