Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #1 
MistersMom

Inspiration<3... LeiLei And Candice :)

I saw both of your threads yesterday about the bettas you saved and felt inspired to do the same today when i saw this Delta boy at the LPS and the lady said he had been there for a month but no one liked his color, i asked for a reduce price, of 3.99 and then realized maybe i can get him for free... I got him 100% free, the lady said he would die other wise. so meet my new Boy, who i hope with the help of Candice MM and LeiLei , to bring to health! :D You 2 really are very good hearted people, Thanks for the Inspiration!! Notice the filthy cup too? yeah i did.... :/

Name:  100_2169.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  37.2 KB
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #2 
lvandert

oh my goodness, poor boy! I'm hoping he will pull through for you!
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #3 
jCo72

oh good for you! He'll definitely be happy in a new environment. And in the long run I'd consider him pretty lucky for having a color no one liked because he ended up in a good home :)
jCo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #4 
MyRainbowBettaFish

HE IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND UNIQUE! i am actually surprised no one got them, that coloring cellophane/pale yellow is not that common. But then again, people go for the common colored bettas: red and blue (?)
But hey, if they like it, go for it. I personally like the unique ones, with rare colors, personalities, patterns, etc....eye color....

Congrats on your little guy! Kudos to you for rescuing your little guy!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:37 AM   #5 
LionCalie

Good save! Poor guy needs some TLC and clean water, what a concept.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #6 
MistersMom

Thanks you guys, and he was the only Delta out of a bunch of very healthy looking CT and VT boys. the rest were black with blue or reds on them, i saw him and was surprised, that LPS shop normally has healthy fish. i brought him home and put him in some clean water with some AQ salt.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #7 
MistersMom

Day 2

I can't get him to move, he likes that one spot, unless i move something near him or poke the glass, he just chills by the heater, i just did a 100% water change, i added prime conditioner w/slime coat, and some AQ salt, i let him acclimate, then put him in there.... he's a little darker that he was yesterday, if he makes it through and darkens up like i know he will, he'll be a copper-ish color i think. he's a pretty little boy... but he's very sluggish... :/ but his fins arent bleeding anymore! thats a plus... i put a bubbler a heater, and a cave in there for him... he doesnt use the hammock i put in there though, i may move it...
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #8 
lvandert

keep it up, he's starting to look better. He's also really skinny, maybe he just doesn't have the nutrition to be swimming around yet.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #9 
MistersMom

Thanks, I think he may have swim bladder... how do i fix that? he tends to lay or lean on one side, or float sideways....
Old 08-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #10 
lvandert

you can start a 1tsp epsom salt treatment if it gets worse, but you'll have to stop the aq salt treatments. Sometimes fish actually look like they have SBD when their malnourished. Give him a week or two to get some meat on his bones and see how he swims then