Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2012, 04:35 AM   #1 
Link592

Exclamation Help, important

Okay so I was cleaning my fish tank when I accidentally dropped my blue, red, green male betta in the sink since when I was pouring him he fell, I quickly grabbed him and then put him in. He was acting normal, but he is scared I put him in a dark room and put aquarium salt, is this bad? Is he going to die? My red betta is also scared since I had to do two 100% water changes like right now at 1:35AM to clean the yesterdays Aquarium salt :(

I honestly don't think my fish like me, is this bad?
Link592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 AM   #2 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

It happens to alot of people dont worry I think he will be fine just keep and eye on him for a couple of days. Does you water conditioner have stress coat in it or something that helps protect their slime coat ? Check your bottle to see most do.
Also remember you can only use the AQ salt for 10 days and I dont think he will need it that long, only s few days maybe.

By the way how big is your tank ? I have a 5 gallon and leave my Betta in the tank for water cfhanges and never do a 100 percent since I have a filter.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #3 
Kenny G

Your betta will be fine. He is in shock from being dropped but he will be fine. You really don't need the AQ salt. I agree with Perseusmom using some type of stress coat would be best. One member in this forum dropped their betta in a sink filled with scrubbing bubbles and the betta was fine. No worries it happens to the best of us.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #4 
Bettanewbie60

He will be okay...I almost had the same thing happen when I first had my betta...now I drain the cup he is in over a bucket with his old water in it..I don't go near the sink. Don't feel bad...
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #5 
MollyJean

What they said... and don't worry if he likes you or not. Fish don't have the same sense of like and dislike as humans do so he can't hate you, if that's what you're worried about.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote