Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #1 
emilyjessica

Naming help for angry little purple crowntail

I've had him for about two weeks, and I haven't been able to come up with a name for him yet. I'm so ashamed. He's my first, so I guess I feel a lot of pressure to get it right lol. Anyways, he's a mostly purple crowntail that I feel rather lucky to have, because that was what I had in mind to get, and he was there on my first time looking, healthy and everything.

I don't want to just name him for his colour, so his personality... like I said, he strikes me as angry, or at least vigilant. He spends most of his time, especially if I'm in near the tank, swimming back and forth at the front of the tank, "patrolling" as I like to think of it. Even when I show him a mirror so he'll flare, he starts off flaring at himself, then comes and displays himself at the front. He knows I'm taunting him Anyways, sometimes during his normal patrolling he seems to swim around "at half mast" I call it - not quite flared, and never the beard out, but with his fins more out than you'd expect, like he wants to get the jump on someone. It goes swim, swim, stop, flare (anything there, okay no) swim, swim repeat. Seems to me like there should be a bunch of names that fit, but I just can't think of one! So frustrating.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for going on for so long, I wanted to really capture him, and not many people irl like to listen to me talk about him for this much, and my sentences always tend towards the long side (like this one).
emilyjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #2 
emilyjessica

Forgot to add the picture, It's blurry but the best representation of his colour. But that's from the first day or so, he's got a lot of pinkish going on on his tail now, on the middle spines and the webbing between.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #3 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyjessica View Post
I've had him for about two weeks, and I haven't been able to come up with a name for him yet. I'm so ashamed. He's my first, so I guess I feel a lot of pressure to get it right lol. Anyways, he's a mostly purple crowntail that I feel rather lucky to have, because that was what I had in mind to get, and he was there on my first time looking, healthy and everything.

I don't want to just name him for his colour, so his personality... like I said, he strikes me as angry, or at least vigilant. He spends most of his time, especially if I'm in near the tank, swimming back and forth at the front of the tank, "patrolling" as I like to think of it. Even when I show him a mirror so he'll flare, he starts off flaring at himself, then comes and displays himself at the front. He knows I'm taunting him Anyways, sometimes during his normal patrolling he seems to swim around "at half mast" I call it - not quite flared, and never the beard out, but with his fins more out than you'd expect, like he wants to get the jump on someone. It goes swim, swim, stop, flare (anything there, okay no) swim, swim repeat. Seems to me like there should be a bunch of names that fit, but I just can't think of one! So frustrating.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for going on for so long, I wanted to really capture him, and not many people irl like to listen to me talk about him for this much, and my sentences always tend towards the long side (like this one).
It would be easier to help with a name if you post a pic! He sounds awesome!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #4 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyjessica View Post
Forgot to add the picture, It's blurry but the best representation of his colour. But that's from the first day or so, he's got a lot of pinkish going on on his tail now, on the middle spines and the webbing between.
LOL we posted at the same time!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

How about Kalani? It is hawaiian and means the heaven/sky.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #6 
registereduser

How about a military name?

General, Sarge, Samurai, Conquistador, Commander, Captain, Admiral, Chief, Commandant, Major, Lieutenant, Colonel, Brigadier General, Chief

or maybe a famous army name like General Robert E. Lee or General Patton or Napoleon.

Or a famous lawman like Elliot Ness or Marshall Dillon?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #7 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post

General, Sarge, Samurai, Conquistador, Commander, Captain, Admiral, Chief, Commandant, Major, Lieutenant, Colonel, Brigadier General, Chief

or maybe a famous army name like General Robert E. Lee or General Patton or Napoleon.

i LUV those names!!!! i will name my next betta one of those i think ^-^
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #8 
fleetfish

He's purple, is he?

Well then . . . Gilbert. :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #9 
BettaAngel13

I think Alduin (al-do-in) I thought of it because on my brothers
game he was battling a furious and mean looking dragon and he was the king
dragon
BettaAngel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #10 
emilyjessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post

I was thinking of going military, more with the famous name. Aside from Napoleon I don't recognize yours (my knowledge of history is... um, confined to pre-WWI Europe lol). I'll try and Goolge a list to refresh my memory of some possibilities in that area.