Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #1 
Brittania

Greetings from Michigan

I really need to learn some patience instead of diving right into things without introducing myself to the community first. Let's see, I'm Brittania and at the moment I only have a single male CT. As much as I hate purchasing bettas from chain stores like Meijer and Walmart, I had to take him. I got him because I felt so bad for him. His fins were horrible! You would've wanted to help him too if you saw how they were.

Anyway, I got him a couple of months ago, and now he's doing so much better than he did in that cup. I put him in a filtered and heated 10 gallon tank and now his fins are much stronger. When I post pictures in the proper section, you'll definitely see the difference.

I might get myself 5 more bettas, but that all depends on my situation at home. We've been having issues between some members of our family and it hasn't turned out good. I don't want to get 5 more fish just to have to move them or something. Plus, the whole incident is stressing me out and I'm very upset about it still. I don't know if I can handle anymore animals at the moment because of that. I've been a bit unstable with my emotions this week.
Brittania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Hello and welcome to the forum! Sorry that you're going through this. It must suck. Well, everything will turn out great eventually. Can't wait to see your new CT! I have a CT myself. He's my avatar. <--
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #3 
Brittania

Thank you for the welcome and support, Lebron. I have some videos of my CT on YouTube, however, I have some really good pictures of him that I think would be better to show. His name is Snapdragon because he reminds me of the colors of a Snapdragon plant. For short, I call him Snappy.

He always comes up to the glass to greet me and he loves to interact with me. I never have to use the net to remove him because if I put his cup in the water, he'll swim right in. It's like he knows who saved him. It warms my heart to know that I saved a little life and that he trusts me like that.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #4 
bananasammy8

Welcome to the forum! I'm also from Michigan! I'm in in the Rockford area though but not to far away! Sorry what your going through.
bananasammy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #5 
LebronTheBetta

No problem. He's your avatar? He kinda looks like Lebron. He has a white face, lol. Lebron does the same! He flares at everything. Hahaha. Mines a hot head. What about yours?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #6 
Brittania

It's great to meet a fellow Michigander. I'm located in Battle Creek. It's not the best place when it comes to stuff to do, but my animals and friends keep me busy. People are so friendly on this site, I love it.

Edit: We posted at the same time, lol. Yup. Snapdragon is in my avatar. He has a golden personality, in my opinion. He's never aggressive unless I decide to make him flare for exercise. He's actually very friendly.

Last edited by Brittania; 08-09-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: I had to respond to LebronTheBetta. We posted at the same time and I didn't want to double post. A good reason, yes?
Old 08-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #7 
tpocicat

Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of knowledgable and careing people here.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #8 
RandyTheBettaFish

Welcome!!! I am also from the Rockford area of Michigan, in fact i live about 5 minutes away from Bananasammy8!! Again welcome to the forum!!
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #9 
Brittania

I thought I'd be the only active Michigander! I'm so glad to see others so close to home.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #10 
eaturbyfill

Welcome to the forum.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote