Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #11 
Polishdiva1

Oops, I meant Elmo's! lol Thanks. They do good with peace lily's in there?
Polishdiva1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #12 
Polishdiva1

I know the whole vase thing isn't a proper setting for them, but in Elmo's the plant seems small and allows him enough room to get air. I like that its actually under the rocks on the bottom instead of on top like vases. I've heard that these plants can cause ammonia to build up faster though; anyone else have opinions on that?
Polishdiva1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #13 
athenr3134

well normally peace lilies don't survive in a 1 gallon bowl, but it really survived in there and i have long since replanted the peace lily in my front yard. its doing well surprisingly. as for elmo i think i stated that he had passed away a few months ago. Grinchie and Heidi are both doing well. thanks!
athenr3134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #14 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenr3134 View Post
grinchie doesn't have any plants in his tank when i took the photo, but Elmo's bowl had a peace lily in it which i have since planted out in my front yard in his honor! Heidi's bowl is a one gallon bowl. I think its too big for her i may have added too much water to it but we shall see when I go see her tonight.
SHEESH! Too big! There is NEVERsuch thing as too big for bettas. Contrary to popular belief, most bettas enjoy tanks upwards of 5-10 gallons, and will most likely be healthier and happier!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #15 
athenr3134

lol heidi is very tiny right now she is only a few days old hasn't grown that big yet and she isn't really my fish... she belongs to my client. on the contrary she is very happy. every time i go over there she races to one side of the bowl wherever i am sitting. she is very active and so dern cute too.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #16 
athenr3134

p.s. elmo lived in that same bowl for a year and half almost. he was very happy up until his death.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #17 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I hope you will send your client here to learn about proper Betta care. Betta are tropical fish and need to be in water with a temp of 76 at least to be at their best and healthy for a long and happy life. Bettas can live up to 4 years.
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote