Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #1 
DeviCy

Cool New betta and his buddies

I went out and bought a double tail Betta and 2 african dwarf frogs for my tank. Last night he was eating great, I gave him bloodworms as a special treat, I never found out if the frogs ate but they seem to be doing ok. This morning however the Betta ate one of his pellets and promptly spit it out and then he ignored the other two pellets I waited a few minutes but he never went near them. I tried the blood worms again with the same results why would he stop eating do you think the frogs bother him? Also anyone who has african dwarf frogs do you know how to feed them food that floats they are oblivious to when I'm feeding them. I'm going to buy them a bigger tank soon maybe that will help?
DeviCy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #2 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hi ..I would keep offering the the pellets to the Betta twice a day and if he doesnt eat them take them out of the water. Sometimes they need a couple of days to adjust before they will eat.

I dont know anything about the frogs, but what size tank are they in now ? Is it possible your Betta eat their food ?
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #3 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
Hi ..I would keep offering the the pellets to the Betta twice a day and if he doesnt eat them take them out of the water. Sometimes they need a couple of days to adjust before they will eat.

I dont know anything about the frogs, but what size tank are they in now ? Is it possible your Betta eat their food ?

I agree totally...he just needs time to get used to his new place. Perseusmom has it right...offer it, but if not eaten remove it. It won't hurt for him not to eat at first. My most recent two bettas took a week before they would eat. Stick to the pellets for now though..if he gets used to the blood worms he may refuse pellets later.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #4 
DeviCy

Yeah I was shocked when he ate last night, and I always watch the bettas eat my old betta i never watched and then found out he was spitting out the food and it sunk. I don't know he may eat the frogs food I feed all 3 of them the same food they are only in a 1.5 gallon but it has a filter and they don't seem to mind it to much I'm getting a bigger tank but I had to buy a terrarium so next month they are getting a 5 gallon. I guess I'll just keep offering the pellets hes in amazing health I did a full hour long inspection of his behaviors and spent time looking at his gills how he swims he is in incredible health for a petco betta I adore this petco they take amazing care of all their animals. I'll just wait this out and see how they do.
DeviCy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, feeding, frogs, home, tank