Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #11 
LebronTheBetta

What about this, I have it: http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...817&lmdn=Brand Lebron lives in this, and he's pretty happy. :) The filter's strong and I don't use it, but that's it. And for the cords, the lid kinda pops out a bit but they don't jump. It's a good tank, not that big but still big. :P
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #12 
happypappy

I have the minibow 1 gal --- too small; the minibow 2.5 gal -- just right. But I changed the bulb that came with it to the new type and it is MUCH better; less heat and more light. Petsmart has bulbs at around 10.00, but walmart's bulb is brighter and only cost $3.
I also have the crescent 3 gal -- love this tank also but the filter that comes with it is much too big. I have replaced with the tetra 3I. The led light that comes with this tank is great. Some complain that the open areas in the cover enable the betta to jump out but mine are not jumpers.
good luck in your choice ----
happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #13 
debiamm

What about this one, it looks nice for me.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-LED-...-Pets/20693135

See ya!
Attached Images

debiamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #14 
stephanier

I have the aqueon mini bow 2.5 and I love it! The only problem I've had with it is that the filter is too strong for my betta and it caused some fin damage. I have now ordered a pre-filter sponge to put around the intake to reduce the flow. If you go with the mini-bow, just be prepared to reduce the flow of the intake. I would recommend it, it's a great tank!
stephanier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #15 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I have this one in a 5 gallon and love it ! The light is in the hood and a natural sunlight bulb 10 watt, its bright thats for sure and Perseus didnt much care for it till I put I floated some Hornwort on top of the water and it help block the light from him plus my plants are doing great, I also have some Anacharis floating in the bottom. They way its shaped there is lots of room and Perseus in having a blast in it. I love that I can see all the way around it without leaving my chair when I watch him which is most of the time...lol It comes in a 3 gallon and right now the 5 gallon is on sale and cheaper then the 3 gallon. The filter is a bio-wheel and not to over powering for Perseus but I float his Betta log under it anyway, like I said before lots of room because if the shape but it doesnt take up much room on my table. Love it ! I just saw the 3 gallon is not the Hex shape but still looks like a great tank. But why not get the 5 gallon since its on sell plus free shipping. Good luck with whatever tank you get !

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Last edited by Perseusmom; 08-14-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:48 AM   #16 
Aus

I don't know what your budget is, but I love my IQ5 Dymax tank. It's just under 3.5 gallons, and I keep a smallish female in it with a lot of plants and a few shrimp. The fish has plenty of room to explore/swim, never seems bored (hunting the shrimp really helps there, I think) and the tank has many good things about it.

- The filter is in a sump at the back, hidden behind a false wall. Downside is, you have to watch that the water levels don't drop in the sump, as the heater is housed back there too. I check that every water change, more in hot weather.

- It comes with inbuilt filter, lid and plant friendly LED light. Mine was sold without a heater (the adjustable Dymax mini heater fits the sump perfectly) but I bought the smaller IQ3 with one, so I think where you get it makes a difference.

- It's acrylic and light to carry, and a cube so has a small footprint for desk or bedside table.

- The filter pump is adjustable so you can reduce the flow easily.

Not the cheapest option, but I do love this tank and I'm very glad I bought it.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #17 
farmgirl598

I just won a 5 gallon FluVal Chi on eBay for 35 bucks! There are some decent deals out there, if you look around a bit.
farmgirl598 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.5 gallon tank, 3 gallon tank, aqueon, fluval, light