Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #11 
Myates

Baby bettas do need to be in warmer water, as well as a bit cleaner water then adults and their food needs to be really really good quality/live- Petco doesn't tell you that when they sell those baby bettas. What you do now will effect it's life span and overall health throughout it's life. Even the cooler water will cause lowered metabolism and immune system.
They may still grow up without the proper care for a juvenile, but it will cause trouble for them as adults.

That being said, you have a cutie! A bit older then most of the babies they sell, as yours is already a bright color.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #12 
jaclynjenkins22

Yeah I had a feeling she was a girl. I also purchased her about 2 weeks ago... and I JUST now found this website. So happy I did though :)

Callie wasn't like any of the other ones on the selfs (thats horrible that i even have to say i bought her off of one.. i hate how they're just put on them) but all the others were those pretty blues or purple... but this one has a white body and barely any pink on her developing fins! So I decided on her based on that :)

Now every day her color is coming in! Shes living such a happy life and LOVES all the plants in her aquarium. they're just big enough for her to rest or hide on.

Last edited by jaclynjenkins22; 08-10-2012 at 12:39 PM.
jaclynjenkins22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #13 
misty1477

She is sooooo cute. Great job 'rescusing' her from the horrid container

BTW....welcome to this site. It is really awesome for any Betta (and other fishie) info and urgent help.
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #14 
misty1477

Oooops..... *rescuing*
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #15 
jaclynjenkins22

This is a picture of her 1 or 2 weeks ago around when i first got her! If you look at the pictures I posted last night you can see a major difference in just a couple weeks from her colors and fins developing :)
Attached Images

jaclynjenkins22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #16 
gossipgirl1031

You can totally tell the difference!! I'm going with the group on this and saying you have a beautiful girl also :) Great job with her & keep posting pics as she grows up. Callie is a pretty name. I almost named one of my new babies that, but I'm about 95% sure they're both males. Not much in the way of fin growth or color on Glenn, but Auggie is starting to pick up some nice fin color.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote