Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #1 
GFarra

Betta house option for someone who travels alot....need help!

Hi Everyone

I have a few posts on here as I've been experimenting with different tank options for my 2 newly acquired bettas. I travel often for work and need to set something up for these guys so that I can be away for a week and not worry about coming home to a dead fish.

I know that Betta's can go without food for a week, so I will feed them as normal the day I leave for a trip.

My question.....what is the appropriate "unfiltered" tank size to house my guys in?

I ask about an unfiltered tank as I am travelling next week and do not have time to fuss with cycling a tank. I'll add the filter and get it running when I get home.

I'm considering the Fluval Spec V for the bigger guy, he is almost the size of a king but he's a half moon. This is a 5 gallon tank with 3 stage filtration. The other fish is a smaller crown tail and I'm trying to determine if a 3 gallon tank would be okay for him. If 3 gallons is sufficient, any recommendations?

Thank you, any help would be appreciatted

George
GFarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #2 
Myates

A three gallon should be fine while gone for a week. As long as you stay away from the weekend feeders or those blocks of food, he should be fine in it... just a bit hungry and angry at you for being away :P
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #3 
GFarra

Thank you, I dont really like those auto feeders, so yes the guys will both be hungry and mad at me for leave them alone......but atleast they will be alive!

I will look at 3 and 5 gallon options that can be outfitted with filtration systems later on.

regards

George
GFarra is offline   Reply With Quote