Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #11 
megaredize

well he wont eat because he wont even come up and look at the food. he doesnt even know its there. so i took the pellet out but i added a teeny tiny drop of daphnia cause my bettas always go for that food. but he didnt notice it either
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #12 
lelei

I know my Sapph was a rescue from a vase, not a big vase a very small one, and looked exactly like your lil guy..and at one point I thought he was not going to make it..but I kept trying, and food is the number one thing that got him going..he was not moving, and just stayed in one corner for hours at a time, and looked like a tadpole too..and finally he came around..I used one bloodworm, and one pellet, and he spit them both out, then I waited an tried again in about an hour or so..and he ate them both..and then I did a full water change, but i was using salt..and in a matter of minutes he was starting to get some energy..and was swimming ..it was sooo beautiful..that is when I knew he would be fine..stimulate his appetite, he needs energy..he prob will spit out food, but keep trying..:) Good Luck I hope Bluey pulls thru..and keep us posted:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #13 
megaredize

hes not even going up for the food. i had to take it out and now he just swam to the top and back quickly down lol noooo i just put in another pellet i just dont want it to sink and rot. it is the NSL pellets so they eventually drop. maybe tomorrow i should do a clean and feed him in his cup so he can notice the food more ?
Old 08-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #14 
lelei

Do a half water change now..and try again with a pellet..if it doesnt work then try in the morning..leave it in..then do a full water change tommorow..one pellet will not make a difference for one night..he may just try to eat it, or he may spit it out, if he is only staying at the bottom, there could be more going on..does he look like he cannot breathe, is he comin up for air..?
Old 08-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #15 
lelei

Keep talking to him, and put your finger around him, to get his attention,. see if he is responsive..
Old 08-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #16 
megaredize

he coems up for air but not when i need him too lol well he just did i thought he went for a pellet but he didnt. He looks like hes breathing fine from what i can tell so im gonna leave it in. i already did a half water change today and its getting late and i have to work tomorrow so i can probably do a quick change in the morning and then better one when i get back
Old 08-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #17 
megaredize

my finger doesnt seem to scare him or impress him lol i even dipped it in the water but he just went up again this time it looked like he was going for the pellet. so im definately gonna leave it in. sucks that i gotta go to bed. but maybe he will eat it during the night.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:15 PM   #18 
bilbey123

I hope everything goes well, he looks like a great fish :)
bilbey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #19 
megaredize

he MAY have jsut eaten one pellet. it has gone missing and i caught him from the corner of my eye swimming back down from being on top. i searched for the pellet couldnt find it and had a light to see the gravel and couldnt find it. i left him two so there still is one
Old 08-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #20 
Myates

I don't see a need to use AQ salt at this time.. it's best with issues such as fin rot, fungus, ich, velvet, etc.
The little guy is holding on, and that is all you can do.. you don't need to do daily 100% water changes, as all that will do is cause more stress which can cause him to not get stronger but instead, weaker. The live plant is helping to keep the water clean.. and since he isn't eating, he isn't going to the bathroom so his water is pretty dang clean. (Just read he may of eaten a pellet, yay!)
Best option for him right now is time.. keep offering small bits of food, but remove any uneaten right away so it won't dirty up his tank. AQ salt won't cure him, neither will any other form of salt or medication.

If you want my honest opinion.. he most likely has only 30-40% chance of surviving. What is giving him that high of a chance is the fact that he is swimming to the surface to get air. That shows he has some strength in him and he is most likely in a state of mental shock right now.. I saw the vid you made when you first got him.. he's a trooper, I'm hoping he pulls through.

Edit: somehow missed when you said he ate a pellet.. that is very good news and it ups his chance greatly! Poor guy, just scared :(
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote