Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #11 
labloverl

That tank looks awesome!! I bet the bettas really love it! What kind of leafy plants are those? Is the filter on the right side?

I measured mine out and taped the dividers to the outside of the tank to see how it would look, and I believe that the outflow from the filter will be falling into both the middle and rhe right section.
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #12 
MistersMom

That was an awesome and colorful tank!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #13 
lvandert

This is my 10 gal. there are a few live plants and they have grown a bit since this picture but you get the idea.
Attached Images

lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #14 
MistersMom

cute birdy :3
Old 08-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #15 
DoctorPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
Ok, here is mine but FYI I have no substrate as you can see, but I will be adding it soon. (It's easy to vacuum with no substrate, but I am going to attempt to make some or all of my tanks planted, although I will be keeping some of my silly decorations as well.)

Hmm now it looks uneven. I had just moved the one divider but now it seems it's still "unfairly divided". That's ok, they are not glued there. I just tied hammocks to one of the dividers today.
wow, that looks AMAZING :D I want to redo my tanks now, because something like that would definetly go with my colorful room. Where do you get your stuff, if you don't mind me asking? I don't think I've ever seen stuff that colorful in any of the pet stores around here
DoctorPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #16 
MistersMom

nice tanks!! mine is only divided once lol

Last edited by MistersMom; 08-12-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #17 
labloverl

Ivandert, I really like your's too! I think I need some live plants.

Okay, I divided mine today and the 2 original bettas are still side by side. The only problem I've found is with the dividers. I had an old divider with the wide blue ends like mursey has on the right divider. I used those 2 ends on the backside so that I could use report binders on the front since they're thinner. I used suction cups to help keep them from moving. Once the 2 bettas saw eachother, I noticed that they were able to stick the tip of the mouths between the report binder and the glass. I made sure that the report binder was pressed right up next to the glass, so I'm not sure why this is happening?
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #18 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorPanda View Post
wow, that looks AMAZING :D I want to redo my tanks now, because something like that would definetly go with my colorful room. Where do you get your stuff, if you don't mind me asking? I don't think I've ever seen stuff that colorful in any of the pet stores around here

Thanks! (I just redid it again last night, ha ha. Finally got some gravel in there.) Anyway, I got a lot of silicone anemones from Amazon.com and some from ebay. Just type in "silicone anemone", "silicone coral", or "silicone plant" under the Pets section. Or type those words into google and click Shopping. That is how I found the ones I wanted. The little houses or caves I made myself though. I bought silicone kiddie cups and cut them with craft scissors and glued them with aquarium sealant glue, then glued aquarium plant leaves to some of them. The silk plants are just from Petco, but there are a lot on Amazon too.

I will post a new pic soon, I just changed the colors around to match a little better. Everything is green, blue, or green-blue now because I ordered real plants and I want something where real and fake plants might blend in a little .. but I'm really not sure how that will work!

I could tell you how/where I got the stuff to make the little betta houses but I think most people would think it was a waste of money. When I just started making things for bettas I was paranoid about anything being too sharp so I made and ordered a ton of things that are made of silicone. I made filter baffles out of silicone cookie sheets, hammocks out of the scraps .. you get the idea. It's kind of ridiculous but I have fun doing it.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #19 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Here are the changes I made yesterday.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #20 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Betta splendens need a minimum of 2.5 gallons so you can divide it 4 ways make sure the tempature stays around 80F degrees and is properly filtered not to strong or the bettas will struggle or a 20 gallon you could have three or more females.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote