Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #1 
Koda

heaters

Can anyone recommend a good adjustable heater for a 2.5 gallon tank?

My poor Kinu has a small Aqueon 10 watt heater that isn't adjustable and the water temperature fluctuates way too much. He is kept in my bedroom which has the A/C on only when I'm staying in my room for a while (so usually overnight). When the A/C is on, it his tank will drop to 72, but when it isn't my room gets pretty warm and his water's temperature will rise to max 84ish. It's a huge fluctuation, but so far he hasn't appeared to mind it much. I'm worried it'll start to bother him before too long.

I've stepped into Petsmarts/cos and can't seem to find any adjustable heaters that aren't huge or meant for anything less than 10 gallons :/
I really don't want it to take up too much space in his little tank but I guess that'll be better than inconsistent temperatures.

Also, if the heater is capable of supporting up to 5 gallons that would be awesome because I intend to upgrade him when I have enough money.
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #2 
megaredize

ive heard the hydor heaters are awesome and the 25 watt would be good for a 5 gallon and it should be in for the 2.5. im using the tetra pre set heaters without a problem. i have an a/c running 24/7 cause my room is the hottest in the house and the temps stay stable but their smallest is 50 watts. i wouldnt put it in the 2.5. but i have 2 in both my 5 gallons and its fine
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #3 
Koda

Is this the Hydor heater you were talking about?
http://www.amazon.com/Hydor-THEO-Sub...4897046&sr=1-2
It looks good :)
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #4 
megaredize

yes it was that. if i ever have to replace mine ill be ordering those ones from online lol just mine are working fine for me for now.
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #5 
MSG

I would wait at least a month before buying a heater... you may be able to buy it for $12-$15.

Just figure out if you need the 50watt or want to go with the basic 25W.

I prefer a higher wattage in case you get a larger tank or if it gets really cold outside.

There's tons of other brands but the other name I would recommend is Visi-Therm. I own 3 Visi Heaters and when you compare them side by side they're designed better than the Hydor.

Another thing to consider, the country it was manufactured in.

Visi & Hydor are both from Italy. Most products from Italy are pretty well made.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote