Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #1 
kelseyleah343

LFS Rescues!

I knew I wasn't going to leave the store empty-handed. Or at least, I should have known...

I walked in and noticed that a few of the tropical fish tanks also had bettas in them, one per tank. I alerted the manager to this and he explained to me that some children had knocked over the betta cups, and since they had no replacements, they had to quickly put them in the tropical tanks.

I noticed the red CT first, he was chasing around the guppies. I noticed some chunks of their tails missing too. So I decided to go ahead and take him. I haven't successfully gotten a clear picture of him yet. Maybe I'll be lucky later and snap one before he glares at me and hides behind the filter...

I noticed the orange VT second. He was in a tank with various tetras, and his fins were shredded. I decided to take him too. When I did, the manager decided to give me a discount because I frequent the store (mostly their betta selection.. hehe...)

Below is a picture of the orange VT rescue. He will hopefully be making a full road to recovery with no complications, and is currently awaiting new ownership under a friend.

Last edited by kelseyleah343; 07-24-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Adding info.
kelseyleah343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #2 
CandiceMM

What a sweet little guy, his poor tail! It kills me to see these guys get put in cups or random tanks to save space and money. I am so happy you chose to help these guys and get them out of such poor conditions. I am proud of you and am so happy to know you have a passion for helping out a Betta in need.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #3 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Honeycomb came from pet smart!

He is in my albums, and he is a yellow VT
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #4 
mamanemeth1

Awe way to go on the rescue. After this weekend. I'm going to Walmart, Petco and Petsmart to check out theirs and be sure they're in good condition. If not, I'm nabbin' them.
mamanemeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #5 
CandiceMM

Tomorrow I have tons of pet stores to visit so of course i'll be checking out the Betta's lol. I'm telling myself "please don't get anymore, please don't get anymore" lol. I will try my hardest to be good ;)

To all you wonderful people helping these little guys, you are amazing and should feel great!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:29 AM   #6 
kelseyleah343

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
What a sweet little guy, his poor tail! It kills me to see these guys get put in cups or random tanks to save space and money. I am so happy you chose to help these guys and get them out of such poor conditions. I am proud of you and am so happy to know you have a passion for helping out a Betta in need.
They really do usually take better care of them, like clean their cups and actually feed them. But yeah, I know. :\ It is still really sad either way. Thank you, I'm proud of the both of us! There are always more to be saved, in a few hours I'm leaving to go pick up the others. I'm probably about to clean that store out of their Betta stock.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #7 
kelseyleah343

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanemeth1 View Post
Awe way to go on the rescue. After this weekend. I'm going to Walmart, Petco and Petsmart to check out theirs and be sure they're in good condition. If not, I'm nabbin' them.
Thank you! I know, I would go to Petco but it's over an hour away. Petsmart is 30-45 mins away though, so I'd go there if I wasn't occupied with this smaller store.. and I probably will soon. Petsmart always depresses me. I'd like to work there, just to give better information.. but I know if I do, I won't have any sort of surface space left.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #8 
CandiceMM

Hey Kelsey, thanks for joining my Facebook page :D How are your little guys doing today?
Old 07-27-2012, 12:15 AM   #9 
CandiceMM

Hey Kelsey, how are your two rescues coming along? I was curious if you had any names for them yet?
Old 07-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #10 
kelseyleah343

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
Hey Kelsey, how are your two rescues coming along? I was curious if you had any names for them yet?
They're going great, the red CT has lost his stress lines now, and the orange VT is in the process of regrowing his fins still. I apologize for taking so long to respond! I will post photos this afternoon when I can get my camera to upload them >.<

Tags
betta, kelseyleah343, rescue