i would really like to do my first planted tank in a 5.5 gal im planning on getting but being a plant noob i have a lot of questions.
1. is dwarf hairgrass too hard to maintain, especially for someone with no experience? ( i love the look of it)
2. is there anyway to control the hairgrass growth? (i know its a carpet plant but i love the look of it sporadically placed around the tank)
3. driftwood. i know nothing about it. does it mess up the water in terms of pH and other things? where can i get it?
4. is cleaning a planted tank extremely difficult?
5. how can you control the growth of the plants so they dont completely overrun the tank?
6. what kind of substrates work best?
sorry if im being annoying with all the questions, im just trying to weigh my options!