Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #1 
TequilatheBetta

What to do with an empty 30 gallon

Hey everyone!
I'm the lucky inheritor of a new 30 gallon tank with a hood, lights, and a stand.
I wanted to do something really cool with it, like a paludarium or a hermit crab paradise.
So what do you think I should do with it? Any kind of fish/animal would be cool, not just bettas Hopefully something not too hard to maintain as well.

Maybe something like this? (looks too hard to make/upkeep though):
Name:  paludarium2.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  57.3 KB
TequilatheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #2 
otter

aw wow that is the most beautiful tank I have ever seen. Okay I am not sure if there is enough room for them but an axolotl would be fantastic. They're illegal in some places though. It would be really cute in there... but it would probably require a bit of upkeep since theyre kinda big and probably need a good filter and lots of water changes. I don't know much about them though.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #3 
TequilatheBetta

Oh haha that's not my tank! I wish it were, though.
Hmm.. that sounds interesting, I'm going to go read up on axolotl care now. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #4 
Seki

Aw, no bettas? I think a sorority would be so awesome in there! That's my plan for the 20 gallon my brother so generously gave me!

Anyway, if you're thinking no bettas, I think some gouramis might be cool. Also, there are some smaller breeds of cichlids (I'm kind of obsessed with them... when I get a huge tank, you can bet what I'm gonna fill it with) that might be cool in there! Just a couple ideas~
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #5 
TequilatheBetta

I want a sorority so bad D: But my parents won't let me, I already have 4 other bettas in separate tanks.

Oh wow, those are awesome ideas. Cichlids would be so cool. Do you know if they're hard to take care of?
Old 08-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #6 
Seki

Nah, I don't think they're too difficult to take care of, but I am not speaking from experience. I have read that they just need proper conditions and appropriate tankmates, and they will thrive. They are tropical fish and apparently like to stay around 77 degrees. They can be aggressive toward smaller fish, though, so you have to be careful about that. Also, they get pretty big! So be sure not to overstock if you end up getting cichlids.
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #7 
otter

Oh gourami! I like that Idea!!
otter is offline   Reply With Quote