Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #1 
Ink

More tank questions!

Hi, I wanted to get this all done in one post so here wee go again:
1. My ammonia tested at 2 ppm so I did a 50% change. How dangerous is 2 ppm for two fish?
2. I got some anacharis, I think it's growing but it could be dying. They're all still green and the tops of the shoots look better than the bottom. Should I let them float around or keep them tethered?
3. Are terra cotta pots fine to put in tanks after soaking them in hot water?
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #2 
Aus

1. VERY. I'd do another 50% wc right away.And then test again, wc it like that back to 0. Watch your fish for signs of poisoning. Maybe throw in a little AQ salt just for this one lot of wc's to counteract any ammonia poisoning they may have already.

2. Let it float - maybe your lights aren't strong enough to reach the bottom of the tank?

3. Yes. They will change the pH very slightly, so don't add too many at once so your fish can adjust.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote