Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #11 
teeneythebetta

When I got my first betta I had no idea about water conditioner and he lived for about 9 months. I think it depends on the chlorine levels in the water, but then for me at least, the chlorine levels were upped which was too much to handle for my fish...
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #12 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

That's terrible, some people have NO boundaries. They just assume that because it is a fish it is perfectly okay to make it suffer, people who think fish are just dispensable really get on my nerves. >:(
FiShFiShFiShFiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #13 
bettalover2000

I think it's a girl. The swollen belly might just be eggs but I'm not sure. Definitely get a small heater. Good Luck! :)
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #14 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

Yes, it is a female :) You can see the egg spot if you look closely.
FiShFiShFiShFiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #15 
homegrown terror

people who just want living things as decorations should really stick to plants. at least they won't feel pain or neglect when the jerk who bought them decides they're too much trouble.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #16 
Spiderling00

Thanks, I had been really suspicious of that egg spot. I've read that sometimes young/small males will have a fake one so they don't get picked on by larger males, but this guy/gal lives alone. Knowing that he is most likely actually a she I'm considering asking Sean if he will ask the "owner" if I can have her for my sorority. He is going to try one last time to ask his boss if we can set up a 2.5 gallon tank with heater and filter for the fish. I wish there was more we could do. I really worry that if we just took her home they would get another and I feel conflicted about that.
Spiderling00 is offline   Reply With Quote