Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #1 
Enkil

New fish and tank

So, as some of you know... There was an incident with my sorority...
Well, I decided to pick out some new girls to get this month. Then vet bills tapped my fish money... So my boyfriend paid for most of the one order I did this month so I could get some plants, 3 snails, and 1 HM female.
While preparing the old sorority tank for her, my other half accidentally broke my tank... He then bought me a brand new one. A kit complete with an awesome filter, heater, and nice hood. Also came with some API stress coat.

Got the little female a brand new hiding decoration. Also in there are a few silk plants and a live corkscrew val. She will get more live plants once I properly baffle her filter.

So on to pics! Have some of the tank. She is flitting about right now so can't really get a good pic of her.

Pic 1: Tank taken from the end of the tank next to the foot of my bed.
Pic 2: Her little live plant with a silk plant and heater in the background.
Pic 3: Here you can see the little female up in the corner.
Pic 4: Best pic I could get of the female. I think she is enjoying the 10 gal tank.

I'll be taking more pics as she settles in. Once the filter is properly baffled, I have more live plants that I'll be adding.
Next month, she will be getting tank mates. For the moment, however, the entire 10 gallon is all hers.
Attached Images

Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #2 
MistersMom

You have trained your Boyfriend Well .-. verrrry well lol. nice tank and fish also! :D
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #3 
Enkil

Thank you. ^_^ Got her and the plants from a member here.

Isn't he though? So proud of him. He felt so bad when he broke the tank. He stared at it for a moment, then looked at me and said he'd take me to get a new one right that moment. He then help me with all the rinsing and setting up. He also helps me with all of my water changes.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #4 
CandiceMM

Love it!! My boyfriend has 3 Betta's and I clean all his tanks plus my own. But he says he will buy me all the Betta's I want so I said deal lol.

I love your new tank, and you Betta looks so happy :)
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #5 
Enkil

I'm in love with this new filter. The motor makes absolutely no sound! Since this tank is so close to the bed, that is a huge plus.

I have a total of 5 10 gal tanks, a 10 gal spawn tank, and a 5 gal tank that are all set up and in use right now. Then I have my daughter's 3.5 gallon. All of them have at least 1 betta in them.

I need to update my sig, but these are the current setups:
- 3.5 gal. Home to Hannibal the combtail.
- 5 gal. Home to my unnamed yellow dragon HMPK male
- 10 gal. Home to my new unnamed HM female
- 10 gal. Home to Conchenn, my marble HMPK female who carries the DbT gene.
- 10 gal divided in 2. Home of Frost (metallic HMPK male) and Uther (true giant HMPK male)
- 10 gal divided in 2. Home of Sholto (marble DbT) and my unnamed metallic HMPK male.
- 10 gal divided in 2. Home to the brothers Egil (red dragon HM) and Odin (Black dragon HM with complete dragon scaling).
- 10 gal spawn/grow out. Set up. Will be doing a HMPK spawn between my yellow dragon and Conchenn.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #6 
Timberland

EEEEeee!!! I love her still! ;) and Im thinking you have a keeper for a boyfriend!! Im glad you like your girlie, plants and snails. So happy I could help you.
Timberland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #7 
Enkil

Thank you so very much!
The snails are doing so fantastically! They're putting the algae in its place. XD
Ended up loosing the water lettuce. :/ Everything else is doing well though.

I'm loving this female. She's just fantastic.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #8 
Enkil

Saw her flare today. She is so cute! Wonderful form too.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #9 
MistersMom

stick a piece of food on your finger, then hold it up to the glass, so the food is pressed against it, and see if she tries to eat it, then hold it like right above the water and she may jump up and get it, 3 out of 7 of my fish do... and its SO cute, i taught my mom how to do it... :)
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #10 
Enkil

She does a shark attack while eating right now. She does the whole Jaws swim while eyeing the pellet... Then suddenly she has splashed partially out of the watter to attack her "prey". XD It's adorable.

I wish I had more girls to put in there... Next month. I'll also have to get some pics of the rest of the gang today. Odin and Sholto will be going into sick tanks. Both did not handle the recent heat well and it's easier for me to keep the 2 gals cool than the 10 gals. I'll try to get updated pics of everyone while I rearrange things today.