Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #1 
Rerram

Opinions on my fish?

I don't want to be annoying or whatever, and I know everybody asks these questions. The more posts I read, the more confused and curious I get. I believe, from what I have read, he is bi color, with black on the body and red fins. However, the lower half of his body, has a light red tint. And the upper half, and parts of his fins, have this like light blue iridescent tint. Does this change his color type? And, I know he is not "show quality" because his tail doesn't have the 180 degree spread, however, I don't see that in most crowntails. Does it happen? I figured rather than just reading other peoples posts and such, I would just ask straight out. Thanks.
Attached Images

Rerram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #2 
LittleWatty

Looks like a Red or Black Devil color type to me. It looks like there might be some blue in his caudal too, right at the base, and maybe on his dorsal. But... maybe I'm wrong, since I don't see black edges. I dunno, but that's what he looks like to me. Sonas (my avatar) is either a Black Devil - with a LOT of blue - or a Black Orchid with red wash. Beautiful fish, no matter what color type he is. I love the black CT's :D
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #3 
GreyHounD

Blurred Picture there^^.

Though its red and black his caudal has blue indeed if you see it closely.
I say its still a youngster give it 2 months more maybe the 180 might be on its way though I love Crowntails and will be searching till I find one at our place.
GreyHounD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #4 
Rerram

It is hard to see because he has a habit of moving right as I click to take the picture. He has a good bit of blue iridescence at the base of his caudal. And there is a little bit of black on the webbing and on the end of the crown parts, if that makes sense.
Attached Images

Rerram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #5 
vilmarisv

You will probably never find one that goes to 180 at a petstore.
Here's one
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...sct&1344919212
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote