Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #1 
buddhauser

Lightbulb Omega 1

Hey does anyone have any experience with Omega One betta pellets? If you do, how many pieces do you generally give your fish? And how often?
buddhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #2 
PaintedOaksOki

Omega One Betta Buffet Pellets, and New Life Spectrum Pellets, are both recommended to those here on the forum! I use Omega One, and I've never had problems with them. I vary the amount I give, but never more than 5 pellets a day. I also give a day for fasting every week, to let the digestive system clear out.
PaintedOaksOki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

Omega One is the 2nd best pellets so far... It has pretty good ingredients, but it has WHEAT GLUTEN. Wheat Gluten is a VERY cheap filler to boost the protein. The best seems to be New Life's Betta Formula. It has some great 1st ingredients and DOESN'T have wheat gluten. The 1st 3 ingredients should be related to fish. Such as Whole Antarctic Krill Meal.

HIKARI BIO-GOLD is no longer a great Betta food as it's now full of cheap fillers.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #4 
buddhauser

Yea i just picked some omega one up to try it out. I was using aqua culture but after reading that the ingredients were cheap I decided to get my bettas some thing healthy. I wasnt sure how many pieces because they are way smaller than the other pellets. Thanks next time ill try out the NLS.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #5 
dbockrath

I give my betta one or two pellets in the morning and again at night. The omega one package is a little jar with a foil covering under the lid. If you take the whole foil covering off, it's really hard just to take out one or two pellets. It's a better idea just to prick a couple of pinholes in the foil, and then you can shake the food out into your hand.
dbockrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:24 AM   #6 
buddhauser

0o0 good idea dbock. Too bad I took the whole piece off already lol! Oh well now I know for future reference.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #7 
PaintedOaksOki

With the jar, I took the whole foil off, and pick the whole pellet up with my fingers o.o
PaintedOaksOki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #8 
Myates

I use Omega when I feed pellets (only one of my boys gets only pellets, as he is old and picky- I prefer live and homemade before pellets).. so far they have been good to them, I have no qualms with that particular brand.

Depending upon size of my bettas (some of mine are huge even though not giants).. I generally will feed anywhere between 4-6 per meal. BUT that isn't the recommended lol, I just have big bettas. Normally you will want to stick with 2-3 per meal twice a day for a total of 4-6 a day.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #9 
buddhauser

I have been giving them 2-3 per serving 3 times a day. They all seem to be hungry after so i give them a blood worm or two every other day after the pellets. They usually are content after their dessert lol
Old 08-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #10 
Bettanewbie60

My bettas love Omega one pellets! I feed 3 in the morning, and 2 in the evening.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food