Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #1 
a123andpoof

My walmart save

I decided not to put rescue since I did pay for her.

You know usual I was at walmart saw the fish and knew these two females had been there quite awile, both were wild types and not overly flashy. Well they had this girl hiding behind their stuff. She was rough, a sickly pale color, severely clamped and kind of curled up. I sat debating over which one to get I wasnt sure she would make it home If I did get her. I had a few other stops to make. But I came home with her. The pics are the day I got her Saturday and then the change to yesterday. She is now really active and coloring up well. I am pretty sure she will be a wild type coloration. Anyways her name is Hope.

a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #2 
cataze

She looks so pretty with her fins unclamped!!!
cataze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #3 
Laki

Wow what a change in her appearance!! Wow, I'm so happy for you both :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #4 
a123andpoof

Thanks. The overnight change was just amazing! I know she is loads happier now. And if I hadnt taken her she probally would have died in a day or two.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

Awesome! what a difference! Oh, and just cause you paid for her doesn't mean she is not a rescue lol...all three of my dogs are rescues, and I paid the shelter for them...and my fish are all Walmart rescues..except for Bali Blaze..he was a pet store fish. Great job!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #6 
a123andpoof

I totally agree with you on that bettanewbie, but I know some people on here get a little upset over it, so would rather just play nice. 7 of my fish are from walmart, two were rescues. The others were just to beautiful to pass up and Aki well after 4 weeks I was just sick of seeing him in a cup lol walmart is a dangerous place for me.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #7 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by a123andpoof View Post
I totally agree with you on that bettanewbie, but I know some people on here get a little upset over it, so would rather just play nice. 7 of my fish are from walmart, two were rescues. The others were just to beautiful to pass up and Aki well after 4 weeks I was just sick of seeing him in a cup lol walmart is a dangerous place for me.
I totally understand your careful wording. Either way, I also have a really tough time not helping the Walmart bettas to find their way to my house lol. I'm on a "betta fish buying fast" at the moment, and it stinks! I really want to check out my LFS...they get some really awesome bettas once in a while, but again, I must resist! (at least for now lol).
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #8 
a123andpoof

Haha I did that for a while. Not fun. But now I really need to stop since I have literally no space.