Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #1 
Henderson

Update on: Fuzzy Mold/Fungus on Tail

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....=1#post1197552

So this morning I went to check on my fish to see how he is doing and his tail and fin that have been effected have shrunk significantly from yesterday. In a sad way I am shocked how fast tail rot spreads...
Also today, around noon after cleaning his take (floating him, and returning him to the tank) the fuzzy part on his tail was gone. I found it at the bottom with a piece of his tail. On closer inspection of him I realized I can now see some of his tail bone:( It's a really disturbing sight.
Some of his colour had returned though but he is still lathargic. I will be going to the pet store later this afternoon.
Also, swimming seems to have become very hard for him. If he's not floating at the top he sinks back down to the bottom like a rock...I'm scared that if he doesnt come up for air he'll end up like the other fish I had and die from lack of oxygen (he however got stuck under a rock while I was out and my sister didn't realize that she could have saved him by moving the rock).
Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #2 
Aus

Oh jeez... the fast-moving kind of rot is awful. I am so sorry for your fish..

Get some proper antibiotic, fast. This might halt the bacteria, if the disease isn't moving too fast for the fish to react to it..

Kanaplex. Or Furan-2. Both of those are good for rot. Forget the Maracyns - they aren't strong enough to deal with the really fast moving/advanced kinds of rot, say plenty of experienced folks I've read.

ETA: Ohh - I just read another thread where you say the fish has died? Is this the same one? In any case, I'm sorry..

Last edited by Aus; 08-14-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote