Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2012, 01:19 AM   #1 
Jully

Talking Why?

My lovely male betta has been doing so well in his new tank :) clean water and 95% water changes each day to make sure the tank is nice and clean so he doesn't stink it up (jokes) Anyways, when I come to look at him, he just likes to swim back and forth in the same spot xD To plant to other plant like a race, anyone up with this or does he just want my attention
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #2 
clopez1

How big a tank do you have? Maybe you are changing too much and he has trouble adjusting to the changes in the water. Are you using a water conditioner?
clopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #3 
Jully

Yes I used water conditioner which is Nutrafin Aqua plus, it also has a stress coat formula in it to stop stress. He is currently in a 3 gallon tank, he use to live in a 1/2 gallon with another betta. When I introduced him I let him float for 10 minutes, then added some of the tank water and waited another 15 minutes, netted him in and he was acting normal looking around, chasing the bubbles in the filter. Even I believe his fins are growing back too, since he use to have fin rot.

Anyways, I haven't changed much this is his first upgrade, he seems happy, he eats normal I just want to know why he likes to swim back and forth a lot.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #4 
clopez1

I may just be a spaz..I thought maybe the 95% change each day was doing it.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #5 
Jully

I do the 95% change in the night, so he doesn't freak. He really doesn't care, and he just continues in the morning xD Maybe it's because he's happier in a new tank? He never had plants before.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #6 
clopez1

Could be
Old 08-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #7 
Kenny G

You dont need to do 95% water changes every night. That in itself can be very stressfull for your betta. If you 3 gallon tank is filtered you can do it twice a week at 50% and 100% that percentage will be less if you have live plants.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #8 
PaintedOaksOki

He may just be begging for food, my last betta did this ALL the time, as soon as I entered the room! xD
PaintedOaksOki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #9 
Jully

Thanks Oaks, yeah he does it whenever I watch him xD

The changes don't freak him out, my bad I don't do 95% changes, I do about 5% to 10% to keep the water from getting cloudy because he eats like a pig.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #10 
PaintedOaksOki

Haha, my new betta seems to be a little piggy when he eats, he ate one of his pellets, and then spit out a few little rements. I just got him today, and he's on AQ salt, I was a little erked about it because I'm trying to keep his water clean! Haha!

It seemed like something he'd do, my last betta did that ALL the time, when I watched him, but once I dropped my eyes and focus on my computer, he'd go about his buisness! lol
PaintedOaksOki is offline   Reply With Quote