Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #1 
Ant10a

10 to 1

I was all excited because a friend gave me a 10 gallon tank, which I was going to supply with a filter, and heater and all the good stuff next month when I moved...

I had an impulse buy about a month ago and bought a 3rd betta...

I already had 2 and they are in 1 gallon unfiltered bowls (proper water changes, I take care of them)

So my newest betta has been hanging out in a 10 gallon filled to about 4 gallons, manual water changes UNTIL the tank broke.. I don't have money to buy a new tank plus everything else, and found out I won't have room for my 10 gallon where I am moving to (University) so I have to buy him a 1 gallon filtered corner tank.

I feel bad about upgrading him from his prison at the LPS and then downgrading him from this lol... but I guess it's what I have to do. I'm sure he will be happy anyway.
Ant10a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #2 
farmgirl598

If I were you, I would try and do more than a one gallon for them. I have two 2.5 gallons and a 3 gallon, that do not take up much more room than a small bowl. 2.5 gallon tanks are small, but I think they are adequate when heated and preferably filtered without alot of turbulence.
farmgirl598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #3 
Seki

I agree, a 2.5 gallon would be better than the 1 gallon bowls. The Aqueon Minibows are really inexpensive... less than $30, and my fish is absolutely happy as can be in his. I am actually probably going to go out and get another one this week because my Petsmart is having a sale. :)

1 gallons are okay, and I have no doubt you take care of them, but if you have the means to get a 2.5, I'd say go for that! Your fishy will love you for it~
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #4 
Ant10a

Right now all I can house them in are 1 gallons, and because I have 3 going with my to a shared dormroom, I can't get any bigger because I have no space or quite frankly money at the moment.

A 1 gallon is $20 here and I would love to have bigger trust me, but right now a 1 gallon is going to do until I move and see what kind of space I can make ;).. Maybe get the roommate to leave and take over their side of he room ;) hahaha

I just bought a Hawkeye 1 Corner Tank Betta Fish Aquarium, it apparently comes with a filter but to me it's just an air pump, which I think would annoy my betta bubbling at the top all the time. I might take that out when I put him in it. Upgrades will happen in the future to give them more space & save me some time not manually having to change everything all the time haha, but for right now I do have to leave them in the 1 gallons.
Ant10a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #5 
farmgirl598

Space is at a premium at my house too. I'm actually getting rid of some of my belongings in order to make room for more fish. Yep, it's official. I am obsessed
farmgirl598 is offline   Reply With Quote