Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #1 
bettafighter
Banned

why wont they fight?

so the other day i bought 2 male betta from walmart i put them together and they hit each other a couple times but no down and out fighting i am very disappointed in the siamese fighting fish at this point this was supposed to be the test run leading up to the friday night fish fights please you have all had alot of betta how can i promote aggression and get them to fight would putting more in the tank help with the fighting?
bettafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #2 
DiiQue

They say if you stick your head in the toilet bowl for exactly 28.5secs (after someone uses it and before it is flushed) that this would promote some great fighting. Also, make sure you record yourself doing this and post it on youtube. I definitely would promote that video...
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

We do NOT condone fighting bettas here. Many of us believe it's a cruel sport. Why would you want to take two beautiful fish and make them kill each other?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #4 
Jully

Excuse me, why would you buy two betta's to fight, they are living creatures like you, what if you were forced to fight someone, and were getting attacked when you do NOT want to, it's animal abuse if you do fight them which you can get in trouble for, they aren't "fun" to fight, it's horrible, and shows how sick you really are, you may think they are "fish" but really, they are a biotic, they live don't they so what gives you the right to fight them?

Please take your betta's back to walmart, or sell them they don't deserve a home like this.
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #5 
PaintedOaksOki

This in my opinion, is absolutely horrible! This is the worst thing you could do for a betta, in fact ANY fish. I consider this a form of cruelty to animals... PLEASE don't support this! They can rip eachother's fins off, and leave the other one half dead! How would you like to be laying on the ground, no legs, no arms, barely alive...

Once again please, don't support this!
PaintedOaksOki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #6 
DiiQue

Guys, I think this guy just posted this knowing it would tick off a lot of people and is probably laughing with his buddies on the responses he is getting. Can this thread be closed and user banned?
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #7 
MollyJean

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafighter View Post
so the other day i bought 2 male betta from walmart i put them together and they hit each other a couple times but no down and out fighting i am very disappointed in the siamese fighting fish at this point this was supposed to be the test run leading up to the friday night fish fights please you have all had alot of betta how can i promote aggression and get them to fight would putting more in the tank help with the fighting?
You're doing it all wrong. First you have to get two 10 gallon tanks, two heaters and two filters. Set up both tanks with lots of live plants and hiding places, cycle them both (it takes a month) and THEN put one fish in each tank. Feed them twice a day for the next 4-5 years and enjoy their company. Give them great names like Finley and Oscar and tell all your friends how awesome your fish are. If, after all of this, your fish aren't fighting each other from their separate tanks, you're doing everything right.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #8 
PaintedOaksOki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiQue View Post
Guys, I think this guy just posted this knowing it would tick off a lot of people and is probably laughing with his buddies on the responses he is getting. Can this thread be closed and user banned?
YES please! I think he is, considering his location is 'your mom'
PaintedOaksOki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #9 
bettafighter
Banned

no i in all seriousness think i have the only 2 betta that wont fight they are sitting in a 1/2 gal tank right now and just chilling its ridiculous
bettafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #10 
LebronTheBetta

What's your problem? Do you have any idea that they're living beings? You must have a cold heart to make 2 creatures fight for themselves. Hardly anyone does fish fighting anymore. You must be pretty old to think that it's like what? The 1940's? You make me laugh. :D I feel sorry for you. Any animal you must have faced was probably suffering. Good Day! :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote