Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #1 
blufish425

Blufish425's Baby Betta Journal

Yesterday my boyfriend and I took a trip to his hometown, and I wanted to run in Petco to buy some NLS fish food since I can't get it at Petsmart here. Unfortunately they didn't have the right kind, but I did come home with a new addition. My boyfriend was blindsided by the cuteness, and let me bring home yet another fish. Perhaps not realizing that someday it will mean 6 full grown bettas in the house lol :P

The boyfriend also deemed the baby Zeus, totally killing my A's theme, but ah well. If Zeus turns out to be a girl we'll have to rethink the name. Zeus spent the night floating in Miss Audrey's tank, I'm going to try to do the betta shuffle later today, but Zeus may be floating in there until next week.

Here is his first picture, I will get a few more today in the daylight
Attached Images

blufish425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #2 
PetMania

So cute! If it does turn out to be a girl, you can name her Aphrodite....
I have a trend of Greek god names (Apollo, Athena, Zues) and my sister ruined it by calling her fish Glo before she gave him to me. I re-named him Hercules.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #3 
blufish425

Oh I like Aphrodite! I have Apollo and Athena :) (my A's theme took a greek turn lol)
Old 10-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #4 
PetMania

Hehe. Yeah, my tanks are also Greek themed. I am adopting Jarvis from lilnaugrim, and he's a Marvel themed betta (all of her's are Marvel character names). So I might have an Iron Man tank for him. lol.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #5 
blufish425

More pictures of Zeus, I was changing his water at the time, hence why there is so little. He's quite spunky already. He acts just like my adults do.
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #6 
blufish425

Zeus is definitely getting bigger, and showing off his betta attitude. He has realized he is in a cup in the tank, and he wants out! Unfortunately I think he could still fit through the holes in the mesh if he really tried so he gets to stay put for now. Here's a couple photos from today:
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #7 
Fishie The Betta

I would be too scared to raise such a small betta fish! I dont know how you do it
Fishie The Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #8 
blufish425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie The Betta View Post
I would be too scared to raise such a small betta fish! I dont know how you do it
I am scared! I'm at work and constantly texting my boyfriend asking "how's my baby?!" Lol. But he is getting bigger every day and hopefully soon will be large enough that I don't have to worry as much.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #9 
TiffanyP

It's not so bad raising such a tiny fish - it's actually pretty fun! I have one that I've had for 4 months now and he's so big and still growing and I look at him and say... hey I grew that! It makes me feel all fuzzy in side haha

I have 2 more babies now and they're in a split tank and I absolutely just love their little personalities <3 Your lil Zeus looks healthy and happy and I bet he just can't wait to get out of that little cup and be able to dart all around :D If I could fit another 5 gallon tank in my room I'd probably get 2 more babies haha

Best of luck with Zeus - can't wait to watch him grow!
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #10 
Fishie The Betta

when they are small like that do you have to put them in a cup? i am guessing its so that they can get to the surface quicker?
Fishie The Betta is offline   Reply With Quote