Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #21 
farmgirl598

Your babies are adorable! And your divider looks good too. Did you make it or buy it? Most of them are ugly, but that one is nice!
farmgirl598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #22 
farmgirl598

And is that the PetCo bookcase tank? I looked at one last night....
Old 08-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #23 
ukandy

Hi my HM male just doesnt like a big space and is much happier in his own small tank. He just hides or flares constantly in my divided tank My vailtail loves as much space as he can get and is very teritorial.My old crowntail prefered a small tank also.
ukandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #24 
cataze

I had a halfmoon in a 20G tall, and he was fine. He loved all the space to swim. He used to swim in loops from the top of the tank to the bottom...it was hilarious!

I had the filter baffled so that the current was too strong for him (their fins act like sails), and I put a pre-filter sponge over top of the filter intake so his delicate fins wouldn't get sucked in and damaged.

I had him in a 3G KK to QT when I first got him, and he loved it. When I moved him into the 20G, I swear he didn't stop swimming around for 2 days straight! I even had a hard time getting his attention to feed him because he was having so much fun! LOL
cataze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #25 
farmgirl598

I guess I'm in a quandry. I want a few more bettas, but have limited space, so can't have several big tanks in every room. Yet I want to be able to buy/rescue any betta that I can give a better life. I could have 3 or so that live like kings, or 6-8 that live more "modestly". I don't know which is best. Just fell in love with the Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long tank at marine depot. would love to divide it, and make a home for three bettas! I also worry about having fish shipped. I'm trying to find the ones closest to north carolina, where i live.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #26 
Shadyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmgirl598 View Post
Your babies are adorable! And your divider looks good too. Did you make it or buy it? Most of them are ugly, but that one is nice!
Made it, and thanks

Whichever way you go on the tanks, you seem like you'll be a very conscientious keeper, so any bettas you get should consider themselves quite lucky!
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #27 
Laki

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/
This is the tutorial I used. I did not use a measuring tape (because I'm badass like that.. More like lazy) and I fitted the dividers on all 4 sides and stuck it up under the rim of the tank and buried the other side and the 2 "walls" are fit nice and tight against the glass. It was easy as heck to make and cheap too!
report covers were at the dollar store in a pack of 4 for 1.50$, the mesh was at Michael's for 1.50$ and that was all I needed!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #28 
farmgirl598

Oh Thank you! What a kind thing to say. I have been offered 2 bettas from an Ebay seller, but neither fish is exactly what I want. Though they are SO CUTE!!! One is older, and one is just 4 months. I cannot help but wonder how many I can "collect" and still care for them all properly! I don't mind doing water changes, etc. so maintenance is NOT a "chore" for me. I enjoy caring for all my critters...
Old 08-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #29 
Laki

I wish someone "offered" me bettas!! I'm kind of hoping my friend will ask if I want hers because she doesn't know how to care for it.... You could always take them and try to find good homes for them? It might be hard but in either case you would have 2 free bettas! Divide a tank for them even.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #30 
farmgirl598

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251128633231...84.m1438.l2649

This is the 4 month old male. What kind is he? Any chance he will grow up to be a halfmoon? Owner says he is a "mixed breed", but has halfmoon genes. She is throwing in an older lavender betta with the blue one. What do you all think? I only have 30 minutes to decide