Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #11 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator
 
Perseusmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
She sounds cute and fun to watch !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #12 
ChoclateBetta
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
when a bird is sick or hurt it does not show signs they will are you with me sift when starving you need to put filter feeder food in your already to small tank inveterate do not feel pain studies proved it it is just like Betta fish will eat peace lilies only when starving.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #13 
mkayum
Member
 
mkayum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
when a bird is sick or hurt it does not show signs they will are you with me sift when starving you need to put filter feeder food in your already to small tank inveterate do not feel pain studies proved it it is just like Betta fish will eat peace lilies only when starving.
Bamboo shrimp and birds are DIFFERENT and bettas too.

I have four bettas and they get two to three pellets sometimes two or three times a week.

I own a parakeet and I keep him fed and supplement him with chopped boiled egg with peas. He sings and plays with his many toys that I bought for him.


I check my tank 24/7 and I make sure that the bamboo shrimp and other fish are kept fed. It's big enough to hold the most small fish...and it is planted too.

Whatever you say is not helping.
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #14 
mkayum
Member
 
mkayum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
She sounds cute and fun to watch !

She is! She usually stay close by the snails. I bought a nerite tiger snail a week ago and it seems like the bamboo shrimp are following it as whatever it goes. But they usually feed on fuzzy and other stuff grown on the driftwood. (: I enjoyed watching her the most of time.
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #15 
mkayum
Member
 
mkayum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
She sounds cute and fun to watch !
She is! She usually stay close by the snails. I bought a nerite tiger snail a week ago and it seems like the bamboo shrimp are following it as whatever it goes. But they usually feed on fuzzy and other stuff grown on the driftwood. (: I enjoyed watching her the most of time.

(:
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #16 
kfryman
Member
 
kfryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fremont, CA
When I was researching bamboo shrimp a while ago, I wanted one, they said that sifting through the sand is not a good sign and is a sign that there is not enough food for the shrimp. That is what studies have shown, I will follow the studies since it is multiple people that can indeed back it up. I am sorry, but Chocolatebetta is right, the bamboo shrimp is indeed starving, sifting isn't normal behavior.

I think the tank is fine and plenty enough room, but you really need to find a way to get the bamboo shrimp a way to get food from the filter/water column and have it sit in a perch.

Please take the proven advice and do something about it. Ignoring it won't solve anything right?

I want a bamboo shrimp so bad lol!
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #17 
ChoclateBetta
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
I am just delivering facts.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #18 
mkayum
Member
 
mkayum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I am just delivering facts.
delivering the same facts repeatly and ignoring my posts. you also said something that was not related to this topic... bird illness ...?
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #19 
mkayum
Member
 
mkayum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
When I was researching bamboo shrimp a while ago, I wanted one, they said that sifting through the sand is not a good sign and is a sign that there is not enough food for the shrimp. That is what studies have shown, I will follow the studies since it is multiple people that can indeed back it up. I am sorry, but Chocolatebetta is right, the bamboo shrimp is indeed starving, sifting isn't normal behavior.

I think the tank is fine and plenty enough room, but you really need to find a way to get the bamboo shrimp a way to get food from the filter/water column and have it sit in a perch.

Please take the proven advice and do something about it. Ignoring it won't solve anything right?

I want a bamboo shrimp so bad lol!
My bamboo shrimp has her own perch, the driftwood. She'd eat the uneaten food after every feeding.. then she'd go back to her same spot. Then i 'd drop of wafer or tablet front of her or near her spot so she can grab it. She also do "fanning" to get flakes.

I used to own some of them, they lived about a year to two and half years. They always had plenty of food. After they died of old age, I stopped because they were expensive and also I wanted to buy different fish.

I bought this bamboo shrimp because it was on sale and I had a discount card. I see it as an opportunity to buy this beautiful shrimp and an addition to my tank. I also missed having them. Now she's settled and already adapted in the tank. I only had her for about three weeks and half.

I'm not ignoring the proven facts but I said I SUPPLMENT HER THE TABLETS. I ALWAY MAKES SURE my bamboo shrimp get well fed. Didn't you read my other posts? Maybe you decided to not read or ignore the whole of my posts.
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:57 AM   #20 
kfryman
Member
 
kfryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fremont, CA
Now I understand more, I misinderstood then, I thought you meant you drop in an algae tablet for something else and she goes and grabs it. Different story then lol.

Yeah they are expensive at Petco, I don't want to buy something and I don't know how to have food circulating the tank, sounds like it can get messy lol. That's what keeps me away.

I love the look of them sitting and their fans are out and they grab somethi.g and just put it in their mouth super fast.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Cherry Shrimps? Micho The Lounge 16 10-03-2011 11:34 PM
Shrimps? akjadestar Betta Fish Compatibility 7 06-30-2010 02:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.