Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #21 
JackisLost

I think all shrimp will go towards the good food when we put it in. If the bamboo shrimp is shifting though the sand when there's no algae tablets than that would be bad, but it doesn't sound like that's the case :) I think bamboo shrimp are awesome, I wanted one but my water is pretty much super clear.
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #22 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'm tempted. My 20 gallon is so full of organisms (read: gunk). I'm sure he'd do fairly well. If your tank is densely planted there should be enough infurosia for it to eat. Not sure if it'd get much if any food in an unplanted/lightly planted tank. They are cute, but they are wild collected and not doing so well in the wild now. It'd be nice to try captive breeding.. maybe some day.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:52 AM   #23 
mkayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
I'm tempted. My 20 gallon is so full of organisms (read: gunk). I'm sure he'd do fairly well. If your tank is densely planted there should be enough infurosia for it to eat. Not sure if it'd get much if any food in an unplanted/lightly planted tank. They are cute, but they are wild collected and not doing so well in the wild now. It'd be nice to try captive breeding.. maybe some day.

I'm in processing of adding more plants to my tank. I think it looks good but I need to decorate bit better lol. I need go buy a large driftwood and more gravel to make it look appealing & natural. My bamboo shrimp is doing just fine , she usually eat the leftovers / sometimes some algae wafers.

I shall post some phots but as long no one 'd judge about how I care for my shrimp/the tank.
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:56 AM   #24 
mkayum

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackisLost View Post
I think all shrimp will go towards the good food when we put it in. If the bamboo shrimp is shifting though the sand when there's no algae tablets than that would be bad, but it doesn't sound like that's the case :) I think bamboo shrimp are awesome, I wanted one but my water is pretty much super clear.
Every feeding, there's alway flakes on the gravel. My bamboo shrimp goes out and picking them up faster as she could. Then I'd drop a wafer for her to eat the extra food lol. Oh of course! They are kind of another verison of crayfish but harmless lol.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #25 
mkayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Now I understand more, I misinderstood then, I thought you meant you drop in an algae tablet for something else and she goes and grabs it. Different story then lol.

Yeah they are expensive at Petco, I don't want to buy something and I don't know how to have food circulating the tank, sounds like it can get messy lol. That's what keeps me away.

I love the look of them sitting and their fans are out and they grab somethi.g and just put it in their mouth super fast.
Thank you and I keep up with maintaining my tank by vacuuming the sand/gravel. Oh and changing the water too. It's a big job for me but I enjoy watching them.

Ahh I see , I'm sure it'd happen to other people too. I agree & its so expensive but I had a discount so... lol.