Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #1 
DragonFish

Guess What I Came Home Wiiiiiiiiiith~

Thats riiiiiiiiiiiight, another lovely little boy has been added to my fishy family!
Ahh, I really shouldn't have a reptile....going in every week-every other week to get live food for my Leo is just like dangling bacon in front of a puppy; how am I supposed to resist?! Haha, thankfully I have room.....I don't know WHAT I'll do when I don't have any more space xD

Anywho.....on to the actual fish.
Walking into my Petsmart today, besty in tow, I gravitate immediately towards the betta end cap, thinking that arriving a couple of days after shipment day would provide a much more interesting and variety of stock then my usual Saturday visit....sadly, no such luck. We were greeted with my Petsmarts standard sparse and over-all standard selection of bettas(that being mostly the normal colors and varietys you would expect to see everywhere with a couple of slightly unusual finds lurking on the shelves)in the dirtiest, blueist cups I have ever seen there. It was quite.....sad really.

I thought perhaps initially I'd get a rescue, something to keep me a little busy while everyone goes back to school and my mom goes back to work, but none of them were really....rescue-worthy. They didn't look happy, but none of them appeared particularly sickly either really.
So I turned my attention to searching for something that I had been looking for for a while now; an Arthur fish to match my little Merlin.....so I started to sift though the cups a little more thoroughly. I found a couple of nice little boys I kinda wanted, so I set them towards the back in the hopes that they might be there next week when I go for my Birthday shopping trip.....but hidden away in the back of the bottom shelf with all the VTs, I finally found my boy.

Introducing....Prince/King Arthur Pendragon(Or 'Oblivious ArthurFish'.....but thats a bit of an inside joke xD)!

Theres quite a few of them in there with him and Merlin....because, well, Arthur and Merlin~
Lol.
Anywho....I originally wanted to get Arthur as a CT....but I could never find any CTs that were quite THAT red, much to my annoyance...but oh well xD This guy fits the version of Arthur hes named after quite perfectly~

But his cup, ugh....it was so dirty that when I opened the lid I could SMELL the ammonia. 8/ I didn't think to get pictures of him in it until I got him out of it....lol...but I did get pictures before I rinsed the cup out. I mean, just look how much waste is just...THERE!

Buuuuuuuuut enough of my rambling. xD Haha, I hope you guys enjoy the pictures!

Last edited by DragonFish; 08-16-2012 at 07:57 PM.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #2 
katrina89

congrats on your new boy he is adorable
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #3 
Kelly0727

Beautiful red VT you have :) Arthur is a perfect name for him.
Kelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #4 
Jrf456

Loooooooooooooooooooove him! (o spam necessary xD) congratulations on your find, and I love your black sand/gravel btw.. It looks soooo good because it shoes off the fish really well. :)
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #5 
DragonFish

Thank you!! :3

Yeah, I really love the black sand in this tank....its my first tank with sand, and I have to admit, I think I really prefer it to gravel xD Water changes go so much quicker, its all just right there for me to suck up, and I can really keep a good eye on my fish's bowel movements(just in case) Plus, I just like how it looks with the fish, even Merlin who is a bit on the darker-side.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #6 
homegrown terror

they're gorgeous! do they enjoy their flower pots? i was thinking of putting some mason jars in the tanks for our bettas, but i didn't know if they'd use them.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #7 
DragonFish

Thank you!
My boys seem to like the pots alright, just like most any other cave I've ever used.....they don't really hang out in it(though granted I'd be worried if they did for more then a minute or two, thinking there might be something wrong with them), but they swim in and out of and around it just like anything else.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #8 
cataze

Wow...what intense red! He's gorgeous!!!
cataze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #9 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

He is a beauty looks like he has lights on him !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #10 
DragonFish

Hehe, thank you!! ^-^