Betta Fish Forum banner

Pup has lump on his head!

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Bettanewbie60 
#1 ·
Hey everyone..So, my new puppy Leo has a lump on his skull. I just noticed it a little while ago. He and my other two dogs have been playing UNDER the coffee table so I think that is what happened. He is a really large, clumsy boy and I'm pretty sure it was "coffee table" play where he wacked his head. He is acting totally normal...I am just worried. Should I be?

#2 ·
He would have had to whack his head pretty darn hard to cause a lump and I've actually never seen a dog with a lump on its head, not that it can't happen. :) I have a 6-1/2 pound Chi, when she was 6 wks old I was in the process of picking her up she got way too wiggly, I couldn't hold onto her & dropped her onto the creek rocks ON HER HEAD, she yelp so loud & so long I just knew I'd cracked her skull. Fortunately that was NOT the case & I never did feel a lump, it's amazing how hard their heads are. If he is acting normal, doesn't seem to be in any pain, eats like he's supposed to, doesn't seem woozy or sleeping more than usual then I wouldn't worry. Just keep an eye on him for the next couple of days & if anything changes take him to the vet.

#3 ·
Thanks..I have never seen a lump on a dogs head either..that's why I'm worried...he would have to have hit it really hard. Sigh, I really hope he's okay.:-(

#7 ·
LOL...I so hear you there! I have adopted 3 in the past 2 years...not to mention the five bettas...but, it's all good. They keep me busy. Leo ate part of a tennis ball today, and spent the day puking..sigh. I'm just glad I bought paper towels today.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.